Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Bioshock 2
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 51
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 16, 2009 03:23

There's one thing that i dont understand though, How am i going to be the first Big Daddy when this game takes places after 10 years of the original?
You play as a rogue Big Daddy. I suppose he escaped or something.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 16, 2009 03:41
Grayfox
There's one thing that i dont understand though, How am i going to be the first Big Daddy when this game takes places after 10 years of the original?

Because obviously Big Daddy's only have a life span of 10 years.

GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 18, 2009 22:14
What i meant is there were Big Daddies in the first game. The sequel takes place 10 years after that. So The Bid Daddy we are going to play as should NOT be the first one. Unless im missing something.
immortaldanmx

Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 18, 2009 22:35
GrayFox

What i meant is there were Big Daddies in the first game. The sequel takes place 10 years after that. So The Bid Daddy we are going to play as should NOT be the first one. Unless im missing something.

Ok, dumbass. The first Big Daddy EVER CREATED was NOT in the first game. He was elsewhere in Rapture during the events of Bioshock 1. Is it really that hard of a concept to grasp?
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 18, 2009 22:43
Will there be Big Daddy/Big Sister sex?

I'm only asking what you're all thinking.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 19, 2009 00:01
Well no actually, not before you decided to bring it up anyway.  Thanks Ed. 

I was thinking... your big daddy character doesn't seem as big as the other big daddies.  I wonder if he got stuck in a cupboard during the whole of Bioshock 1 and didn't eat.
Edwin

Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 19, 2009 00:30
Oh come on, you can't pretend the thought didn't cross your mind :p

I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death.
choupolo

Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 19, 2009 00:48
*counts coins on desk*

...how about 56p, there's a few coppers?
<message edited by choupolo on Apr 19, 2009 00:50>
Edwin

Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 19, 2009 01:00
You're on.

I'm from your neck of the woods originally, choupolo - t'other side of the Pennines in Ilkley near Bradford. Don't sound like it though. Sound like a right posh wanker :)
Edwin

Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 19, 2009 01:03
Anyway, all this speculation is tempting me to replay the original Bioshock. And seeing as I seem to have nothing better to do with my Saturday nights these days, I may well give into temptation...

Hope you're all enjoying your weekends.
choupolo

Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 19, 2009 01:44
I'm not especially northern sounding either tbh, heh. 

Played Bioshock through once, but didn't get into it as much as I did System Shock 2.  Missed those little scary monkey things...

Spending my distinctly race themed weekend watching the F1, playing some Race Pro on LIVE and maybe go karting tomorrow. 
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 19, 2009 05:57
...Why's it gotta be a race issue?
choupolo

Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 19, 2009 21:02
Cos I is a jihadist init.

Edwin

Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 20, 2009 00:34
Having revisited Bioshock (halfway through Neptune's Bounty now), I think the things they really need to improve on are the Little Sisters and the supposedly fraught question of whether you murder them for maximum Adam gains or free them for a little less. Having twenty fewer points on my experience bar does not constitute a real sacrifice in the name of Goodliness, damn it. Couple that with the fact that these are cute little girls we're talking about here and it's a no-brainer, not a moral dilemma.

Maybe if you had to cut out an organ or something each time you saved one, or if the Little Sisters were fat, ugly slags who follow you around post-rescue looking for an opportunity to shoe you in the balls, I'd feel a bit more like I was making some kind of character-defining choice.
<message edited by Edwin on Apr 20, 2009 00:35>
choupolo

Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 20, 2009 13:28
It was the fact that they were cute little girls that made me want to slaughter them!   j/k

I reckon I harvested less than half of them.  But I didn't really use the plasmid strengths that much tbh, trying to be more efficient with my ammo instead.  If there was some uber-plasmid move that you could only get through killing the little girls, then it would have been a more difficult decision.

Thing is it only ever feels like you're micromanaging your moves list than making any moral decisions.  You never really get an emotional connection with them (apart from the cute little girls aspect), they all look the same, and there are seemingly endless numbers of them. 
<message edited by choupolo on Apr 20, 2009 13:37>
immortaldanmx

Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 20, 2009 19:32
choupolo

But I didn't really use the plasmid strengths that much tbh, trying to be more efficient with my ammo instead.

Exactly. Why bother with plasmids when you have electric buckshot.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 25, 2009 20:19

choupolo

But I didn't really use the plasmid strengths that much tbh, trying to be more efficient with my ammo instead.

Exactly. Why bother with plasmids when you have electric buckshot.

Personally I found it more fun to use some of the plasmids.  The fire effects were fun to watch.  Eddie's girlfriend went through the entire thing using just the wrench and plasmids on the hardest difficulty I do believe, so I guess to each their own.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 26, 2009 05:35

Eddie's girlfriend went through the entire game of cooking mama using just the rolling pin and cookie dough on the hardest difficulty I do believe, so I guess to each their own.
fixed/saved teh internets.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 26, 2009 07:04

Eddie's girlfriend went through the entire game of cooking mama using just the rolling pin and cookie dough on the hardest difficulty I do believe, so I guess to each their own.

I would say you are feeling a bit immasculated, yes?  Its ok she cant play any other fps's for shit.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 26, 2009 18:01

Better watch out. She'd rip you a new one at Tetris.

Edit: Fuck you. Cooking Mama is the shit.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Apr 26, 2009 18:02>
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 51

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread