Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dante's Inferno Review
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Dante's Inferno Review - Feb 03, 2010 18:39
Review

Somebody's going to want my arse for this, probably.

"There's nothing broken about Dante's Inferno, and much that's enjoyable, but it's more an act of homage than a game in its own right. Like the shade of the Roman poet Virgil, the Ghost of Sparta keeps Visceral company throughout its underworld adventure, but unlike the former, Kratos casts a very long shadow."

Your thoughts?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Dante's Inferno Review - Feb 03, 2010 19:38
I had similar thoughts while playing the demo.  "Why is this game trying to be EXACTLY like God o' War?"  It's absolutely shameless.  It's as if someone just changed the characters, the backstory and a few tiny things here and there.  I did feel the game was super-smooth, though.  I had just come from playing the God o' War Collection for the PS3, and Dante felt faster and smoother.  I still have the demo on my system, so I guess I like it enough to keep it there for now, kind of like I did with Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 before I bought it.  I don't think I will get this one new or at least not for full retail price.  Hopefully it will come down in price after God o' War 3 comes out so I can score it for $40 or less brand new.
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Dante's Inferno Review - Feb 03, 2010 21:03
It's worth a rental, fo sho. And I think the DLC I mentioned could switch things up in a score-bolstering fashion...
Joe Redifer

Re:Dante's Inferno Review - Feb 04, 2010 01:12
The fact that the DLC will be ready so early means they probably could have included some or most of it into the game itself.  I do not approve when developers (or publishers as it may be their decision) choose to gimp the retail version of a game in order to offer DLC a month or two after release.  Exceptions apply, like in Burnout Paradise's DLC which was clearly designed well after the game was completed and released.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Dante's Inferno Review - Feb 04, 2010 06:00
I liked the good old PC days when Epic Games made PC games and released free map packs and stuff.  The original UT shipped with like 50 maps and you could get a special gold edition a few years later with 100.
Joe Redifer

Re:Dante's Inferno Review - Feb 04, 2010 22:09
These days it almost seems as if the funding for development depends on DLC.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Dante's Inferno Review - Feb 05, 2010 00:47
I know a couple of PS3-less 360 owners who are getting this because they can't get GOW3.  Think it will have better sales on the 360!
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Dante's Inferno Review - Feb 14, 2010 18:54
7 is a bit generous, I wouldn't rate it anything higher than 6.5

It's just meh, I've done and seen it all before, but my biggest problem with it is the lack of variety, not only is it repetitive in the sense that I've played better games that use the same formula, but at the same time the the levels are all the same shade of red/brown/gray.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll