Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 01, 2009 19:02
Jerusalem Post

On Tuesday, Hamas legislators marked the Christmas season by passing a Shari'a criminal code for the Palestinian Authority. Among other things, it legalizes crucifixion.

Hamas's endorsement of nailing enemies of Islam to crosses came at the same time it renewed its jihad. Here, too, Hamas wanted to make sure that Christians didn't feel neglected as its fighters launched missiles at Jewish day care centers and schools. So on Wednesday, Hamas lobbed a mortar shell at the Erez crossing point into Israel just as a group of Gazan Christians were standing on line waiting to travel to Bethlehem for Christmas.

While Hamas joyously renewed its jihad against Jews and Christians, its overlords in Iran also basked in jihadist triumphalism. The source of Teheran's sense of ascendancy this week was Britain's Channel 4 network's decision to request that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad give a special Christmas Day address to the British people. Ahmadinejad's speech was supposed to be a response to Queen Elizabeth II's traditional Christmas Day address to her subjects. That is, Channel 4 presented his message as a reasonable counterpoint to the Christmas greetings of the head of the Church of England.
Channel 4 justified its move by proclaiming that it was providing a public service. As a spokesman told The Jerusalem Post, "We're offering [Ahmadinejad] the chance to speak for himself, which people in the West don't often get the chance to see."
While that sounds reasonable, the fact is that Westerners see Ahmadinejad speaking for himself all the time. They saw him at the UN two years in a row as he called for the countries of the world to submit to Islam; claimed that Iran's nuclear weapons program is divinely inspired; and castigated Jews as subhuman menaces to humanity.

Thoughts?
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Re:Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 01, 2009 19:27
Still the world will criticize israel for its military action in Gaza . First it was pakistan succumbing to militant demand of enacting sharia law in one of its region and then it was somalia .  Its kind of scary how a lot of nations seem to be submitting to militant demands of following sharia law . I dont condone violence but then certain things cannot be handled anyother way ..
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 01, 2009 20:40

I dont condone violence but then certain things cannot be handled anyother way ..

I do.

Distain for conflict should never allow oppression. And if that means violence, so be it.

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 01, 2009 21:54
2pac

Still the world will criticize israel for its military action in Gaza . First it was pakistan succumbing to militant demand of enacting sharia law in one of its region and then it was somalia .  Its kind of scary how a lot of nations seem to be submitting to militant demands of following sharia law . I dont condone violence but then certain things cannot be handled anyother way ..

Thats the new global philosophy: having the balls to stand up for your self makes you a war starting, intolerant, fascist regime. Hamas is a problem, and anyone in Gaza who gets hurt in Israel's retaliation should have thought about that before elected Hamas.
Zarathustra

• Total Posts : 140
Re:Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 01, 2009 21:56
I think war is necessary for the advancement of civilizations.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 01, 2009 22:26

Thoughts?

2 words - Jerusalem Post. 

On the other aspect of the article, I thought Channel 4's move was interesting.  I certainly dont usually watch the Queen's speech every year.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 02, 2009 03:39
It's not gonna end over there until Israel nukes someone and everyone steps out of the stone age.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 03, 2009 13:41
at least we have the common sense to never live in those countries.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 03, 2009 17:29

Duly noted. However,

Beheadings. Stonings. Desecration of corpses. Child human shields? Does this seem out of place to you for Hamas?
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 03, 2009 17:55
Eddie_the_Hated

Duly noted. However,

Beheadings. Stonings. Desecration of corpses. Child human shields? Does this seem out of place to you for Hamas?

idiots, don't they know child shields won't stop a nuclear blast?

immortaldanmx

Re:Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 03, 2009 19:46
locopuyo

Eddie_the_Hated

Duly noted. However,

idiots, don't they know child shields won't stop a nuclear blast?

Or an M2 .50 Cal.
choupolo

Re:Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 04, 2009 07:19

Duly noted. However,

All I'm saying is this ancient bitching match has been out of hand for a while.  I wouldn't believe a word from either party.  I'm not denying evil shit like this happens everyday, but according to the media who isn't evil these days?

Who is Hamas anyway?  A violent palestinian political force? The palestinian people at large? Any bomb or rock that hits the other side of the divide?  'Islamists'? 'Jihadists'?  The muslim people at large??

All we know is what we read or see on the news.  I used to have a friend who had just moved to the UK from palestine - and from what he told me things are just fucked up beyond all recognition.  Normal rules by our definition no longer apply.

So what's the solution, nuke the place?  If only we could close them off into a bubble, so people from the rest of the world can move on and peer in from time to time to remind themselves of how they used to be. 

Or maybe awful things happen all over the world.  The question is what are you going to do about it? 
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Re:Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 04, 2009 07:55
choupolo

Duly noted. However,

All I'm saying is this ancient bitching match has been out of hand for a while.  I wouldn't believe a word from either party.  I'm not denying evil shit like this happens everyday, but according to the media who isn't evil these days?

Who is Hamas anyway?  A violent palestinian political force? The palestinian people at large? Any bomb or rock that hits the other side of the divide?  'Islamists'? 'Jihadists'?  The muslim people at large??

All we know is what we read or see on the news.  I used to have a friend who had just moved to the UK from palestine - and from what he told me things are just fucked up beyond all recognition.  Normal rules by our definition no longer apply.

So what's the solution, nuke the place?  If only we could close them off into a bubble, so people from the rest of the world can move on and peer in from time to time to remind themselves of how they used to be. 

Or maybe awful things happen all over the world.  The question is what are you going to do about it? 

Do what israel did . Sitting back and doing nothing sends the wrong message . What did you want israel to do ? They were firing missiles into israel . Sure most of them did not cause any deaths but that isnt the point . Israel had to drive home a message and i beleive they did . As I said before any nation if it were under the same position as Israel would have done  the same thing .
choupolo

Re:Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 04, 2009 08:21
I meant I'd close Israel off into the same bubble, they're not innocent, they're part of the problem.

I think I would sit back and drink Fizzeh Bubbleh.
<message edited by choupolo on Mar 04, 2009 08:23>
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 04, 2009 11:40
I'm pro crucifiction.  Much more badass than injection.  Guillotine would be my choice though.  Apparently you're still conscious for like 20 seconds. 

immortaldanmx

Re:Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 04, 2009 12:06
choupolo

I meant I'd close Israel off into the same bubble, they're not innocent, they're part of the problem.

And how is that? Last I recall Israel gets along well enough with countries that don't constantly talk about destroying them and fire missiles into their borders.

You're a naive fucktard to want to dispute the definition of Hamas. They were and still are a terrorist group, the only thing that changed is they got elected to government in some shitty backwards countries. Hamas does not deserve the "benifit of the doubt" that you want to give them. They have publicly taken credit for terrorist attacks, attacked and killed other muslims for not being "muslim enough" by their standards, responded with violence to political rivals, brainwashed young children into believing that all of their problems are caused by the West and the solution is Jihad, among many other crimes they've commited.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 04, 2009 12:24
Israel is a problem too though.  They've been shitting all over Palestine long before the Hamas came in the picture.  Hamas was a reflex.  Much like the black panthers were in the US.  This doesn't justify their actions but the unbiased observer can see why they exist.

Ultimately this is due to racial and religious intollerance from both ends. 
immortaldanmx

Re:Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 04, 2009 13:13
Agent Ghost

Israel is a problem too though.  They've been shitting all over Palestine long before the Hamas came in the picture.  Hamas was a reflex.  Much like the black panthers were in the US.  This doesn't justify their actions but the unbiased observer can see why they exist.

Ultimately this is due to racial and religious intollerance from both ends. 

It still doesnt excuse terrorist actions or even the violence against other muslims leading up to elections and such.
choupolo

Re:Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 04, 2009 21:27
I'm not trying to defend Hamas here, they're a fucked up piece of work.  But like Agent said they were borne out of the situation there, rather than the cause of it.

In my view, offensive violence doesn't solve anything, it just spirals out of control.  Its not having the balls to stand up for yourself, its provoking a reaction, either back onto yourself or onto someone else, and you create a viscious cycle. 
Sure you can do what it takes to protect yourself from an imminent threat - theres such a thing as just force.  Israel have more power, more means and more responsibility to end this.

Its not only Hamas and Israeli troops who are getting hurt here, its everyone else around them, innocent public on both palestinian and israeli sides.  And the only reason I was asking who you thought Hamas was, was because many people will inevitably associate them with every other muslim around the world. 

Anyway, I'm not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of the situation.  I lost interest a long time ago, since a solution seemed so far off.  My objection to Eddie initially was only because I dont think you can trust either party on what they say, since the situation there is so complex and volatile.  Objectivity obviously is the first thing to go out the window.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Hamas Legalizes Crucifiction... - Mar 04, 2009 22:27

I'm pro crucifiction.  Much more badass than injection.  Guillotine would be my choice though.  Apparently you're still conscious for like 20 seconds. 
I heard a man in the middle ages performed a test to confirm that, and he blinked something like eleven times before he lost motor control.

My objection to Eddie initially was only because I dont think you can trust either party on what they say,

Chou carries a valid point in that JPost is not objective.

But like Agent said they were borne out of the situation there, rather than the cause of it.

The chicken or the egg?

Islamo-Judeic conflict has existed in the region since the foundation of Islam. And Judeo-Arab conflict has existed for two thousand years prior to that.

Pan-arab/Islamist militants aren't a reactionary force in the region. The two have existed long enough that "who started it" is simply an irrelevant base for thesis, dependent on how far back you chose to trace history.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message