Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives?
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 42
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Dec 01, 2010 15:00
I agree with the others, 1GB is the minimum.

What kind of card do you have at the moment?  If you can wait I would hold off a while for the GTX 560.  It will replace the GTX 460.  It should offer about 20% more performance at a similar price range.  At  the same time the GTX 460's will drop in price if you shop at the right place.   Newegg or NCIX are the best. 

Personally I don't like the idea of two cards.  More heat/noise, less stable, less performance per watt/dollar.  In certain games you see hardly any performance gain from the second card, and in some cases you even have to disable SLI in order for it to work at all, although it's getting better.  I'd much rather buy a single high end card than two mid range cards.  Also when looking at benchmarks pay careful attention to minimum frame rates not just average.  When frame rates take a sharp dive you will feel it.

NCIX has a sale now for a GTX 480 at 370$ CAD.  That's fucking good, a few weeks ago it was a 500$ card.  

I recently grabbed a GTX 580 to replace my GTX 260, in addition to having DX11 support I was seeing about 2 to 4 times more performance.  Unfortunately my card died, sent it back, still waiting for a replacement....  It's a good investment though (assuming you don't get a lemon).  I'll have that card for three to five years easy.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Dec 21, 2010 11:45
Even im still lurking here now and again.

No one ever posts any useful stuff though.

It's sad that it died. Guess everyone were just hanging out here at the prospect of winning a game :D
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Dec 22, 2010 03:29
Absolutely ass. A solid processor and 4gb of ram though. The 560's due out in what, mid-January? That's just about tax-return time.

New car, new graphics card, new textbooks for a semester I'm 3 weeks into...
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Dec 22, 2010 23:53
Eddie_the_Hated

4gb of ram 

That's 1/3rd of what I have.  
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Dec 23, 2010 01:27
I hope you have a bunch of 64-bit applications running on a 64-bit operating system written to take advantage of all that RAM.  Without the 64-bit stuff, more than 4GB of RAM isn't really useful.
locopuyo

Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Dec 27, 2010 04:57
Joe Redifer

I hope you have a bunch of 64-bit applications running on a 64-bit operating system written to take advantage of all that RAM.  Without the 64-bit stuff, more than 4GB of RAM isn't really useful.

Is windows ME and Netscape 4.0 64 Bit?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Dec 27, 2010 05:19
Yeah, that's probably good enough.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Jan 28, 2011 20:58
I'm back from Iraq, being a lazy bastard getting paid to go to college by the Army, so I'm rather happy with my amount of free time. I'm currently working on learning 2 other languages in my free time (Russian and Korean) and waiting for the flow of good games to start again. (Crysis 2, Dragon Age 2, whatever the next PS Mini that Sony sucks my life away with)

Also, Edwin, with this place being so dead I was curious about how VGD was doing since the rename from Kikizo? I assumed a name that made sense would boost site traffic, and in turn forum users.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Mar 22, 2011 02:36
Vx Chemical

It's sad that it died. Guess everyone were just hanging out here at the prospect of winning a game :D

That was so 2008!

I check the forums every month or so. Real life got me tied up atm.
locopuyo

Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Mar 26, 2011 05:22
StarCraft 2 pwns
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Apr 18, 2011 02:18
Got a GTX570, upgraded to 8GB of ram for hell of it.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Jun 14, 2011 16:25
I've given up writing for here (and need to apologise profusely to Adam!) as I'm now the manager of Games Workshop in Stirling.  Gave up work in the real world to do something fun, I'm loving it and geeking out to the max.  Edwin got a job with Official Xbox magazine I think, so he's doing well for himself too!

I'm still playing shitloads of street fighter and I'm still not any good at it.
the_shadowwolf

Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Jun 15, 2011 03:21
Cool its good to see someone doing what they like. I wish you the best.
Edwin congrats as well.
If i could just walk away from this life, give it all away, i would. It's not bad but "wanting more" is a bit cliche but it's what i need.

Well I plan to head to Jamaica this year study some, make a new life, career after. Don't know what will happen after this year. Hell we might all "rapture" in October who knows.

I'll still keep check on the forum see if there is anything i missed or something new.
Peace out.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Dec 08, 2011 15:26
Well I just got into the rap game and my album Should be out soon. I go by the rap name Young MegaByte, Be on the look out for my debut album. Young Megabyte - The First Black Time Traveler . Go to ITunes and buy my first single - KiloBytes & Bitches Glad to see everyone still up and running I hope you guys are having a wonderful life. . Please stay safe and keep the faith. - Young MegaByte
<message edited by mikayd2 on Dec 08, 2011 15:30>
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Jan 16, 2012 12:30
Seriously mikayd? lol

I looked for young megabyte and couldn't find anything.   

Well, I found "Megabyte Young" but doesn't seem to have to do anything with rap.
<message edited by emofag on Jan 16, 2012 12:33>
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Mar 02, 2012 04:22
Holy shit, I had no clue this place still existed. This is like a fucking high school reunion. I'm surprised I still remember the password haha. 

I'm a part-time mechanic and I'm just over half way into getting a chemical engineering B.S. so I should have that around Spring '14. 

I think we should have an annual Kikizo day where everyone takes off work/classes and posts on Kikizo all day. And since no one here plays games anymore, we can just have a classic racial/religious/political/nationality debate that made us all love this place. 
the_shadowwolf

Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Mar 05, 2012 00:43
mastachefbkw

I think we should have an annual Kikizo day where everyone takes off work/classes and posts on Kikizo all day. And since no one here plays games anymore, we can just have a classic racial/religious/political/nationality debate that made us all love this place. 

Good luck with the BSc.
It's true I haven't been playing much games this year. But i await Diablo 3 and Borderlands II. Then gaming will be back on the menu.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Mar 20, 2013 12:48
Haha, the old log-on still works! Not making games now, but have a fledgling software company and work in education as an associate head in Creative Tech at a Uni. I miss the forum, and the old days on here. I still see a couple of you on live from time to time - but I do miss the banter! Let's see if this thread goes another year without a post! Andy
locopuyo

Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Aug 21, 2013 21:33
I built my own desk.

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:I miss you assholes, what are you doing with your lives? - Mar 26, 2015 14:03
2 years bump :) I actually remembered my password, which is amazing to say the least. 

My life is good, I currently live in Melbourne, Australia. Moved here since last July (2014). Enjoying life in oz and all the good weather associated with it. Currently working for a web dev company as a PHP programmer, and making better money than back home.
I still want to get into the game design scene, however with work and stuff I rarely find myself with the drive to do it. Although Source 2 going free, with the likes of Unity and Unreal Engine 4.. It should be easier than ever! I look forward to seeing a reply in 2016..

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 42

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message