Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Resident Evil: Degeneration
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
Resident Evil: Degeneration - Jan 07, 2008 20:03
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Resident Evil: Degeneration - Jan 07, 2008 22:04
Thank God. I wish more studios would take this approach to making game based movies. CG movies ftw.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Resident Evil: Degeneration - Jan 07, 2008 22:55
Uh... that looks... bad...
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Resident Evil: Degeneration - Jan 08, 2008 02:42
Though the graphics are definitely not on par with something like Advent Children, I am interested to find out what this movie is about and thankful it has nothing to do with the horrible hollywood trilogy. Now, is it just me, or the chick that got off at the airport looks very similar to Claire Redfield, and later on the guy in the brown jacket, even though you can hardly see his face, has the same style and hairstyle as Leon. Are there supposed to be familiar characters on this??
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Resident Evil: Degeneration - Jan 08, 2008 05:01
They are Claire and Leon...

Anyway, i love the games, i just do not like the look of this sub-par straight-to-DVD CG movie. They should have asked Production I.G to do it...

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Resident Evil: Degeneration - Jan 08, 2008 05:55
I' ll pass.
Chimura

RE: Resident Evil: Degeneration - Jan 08, 2008 06:06

They are Claire and Leon...

I was pretty sure they look the same, I just hadn' t read anything about it. Now I have from kotaku and I guess it is confirmed.
DieHounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 59
RE: Resident Evil: Degeneration - Jan 10, 2008 23:08
I think my life will be somehow worse for watching this movie.
< Message edited by diehounderdoggen -- 10 Jan 08 15:09:22 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Resident Evil: Degeneration - Jan 11, 2008 02:04
I could live with hearing Leon say " shit" a thousand times for an hour straight if he says it just the way he does in RE4. That' d make a decent movie, by videogame-to-movie standards that is.
Chimura

RE: Resident Evil: Degeneration - Jan 11, 2008 02:21
The fact that they are using the characters from the best RE game (RE2 baby!) and attaching to the already created mythos at least means they' re going in the right direction. Now, if somehow the Milla Jojo..however you spell her last name finds a way into this, then I' ll ban this movie from my eyes!
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re: RE: Resident Evil: Degeneration - Feb 05, 2009 02:15
Just watched it and actually enjoyed it. Far more than the live action flicks. It has its straight to dvd corny moments for sure, but overall its pretty solid. Nice throwbacks to the RE games from before with various quips and even some scenes that looked very much like camera angles used in the games.

In a sort of good and bad way it was like a lengthy cut scene. I bigger production budget may have forced it into territory less desireble like you know where the live action movies went.

I hope this does well enough to warrent another one. My minds a bit rusty on all the RE canon to date, so I am a bit confused on where this if at all fits into the overall story. Actually I just need a few minor questions answered. At what point did Claire go missing and has Leon and Chris ever met? Cause she seems well and fine here and Leon mentions how him and Chris took the path of fighters while Claire took that of a savior or something.

Actually rather the scrounging through google is there a site out there that can help me connect the overall story or should I just wiki it and hope for the best. I really wanna be caught up before RE 5 comes out as I my expeirence was somewhat jilted with RE4 since I was missing huge parts of the stories from before....

...ramble mode deactivated...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message