Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll Review
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll Review - Feb 16, 2010 09:35

You give a shit, you know you do.

Linkie
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll Review - Feb 16, 2010 10:45
You're right, I do give a shit.  I am a huge fan of Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 on the Gamecube and can walk through them both on the hardest difficulties.  Super Monkey Ball Deluxe on the PS2 and Xbox were a joke because they broke the control.  It didn't control anywhere near as well as the Gamecube originals. 

I was interested in this new one, but I certainly am not any more.  Monkey Ball games absolutely need analog stick control.  The review is in GRAVE ERROR where it says that Banana Blitz allowed for analog controls.  It does not, otherwise that game would be enjoyable.  Banana Blitz is Wii Riimote only.  You cannot use the analog to steer your monkey.  That game could have been so good otherwise.  I wonder who thinks it is a good idea NOT to include conventional controls.  This is one of the reasons the Wii is my least favorite systems.
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll Review - Feb 16, 2010 10:49

The review is in GRAVE ERROR where it says that Banana Blitz allowed for analog controls.

Oh splat. I shall fixxor.
I think the problem with adding conventional controls to a Wii game is that you sort of remove the point of the Wii... :p
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll Review - Feb 16, 2010 19:21
Monkey ball sucks
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll Review - Feb 16, 2010 21:02
The original Gamecube game was fucking awesome.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll Review - Feb 16, 2010 22:01

I think the problem with adding conventional controls to a Wii game is that you sort of remove the point of the Wii... :p

That's why you give people the option.  People who like broken controls and are influenced by all of the "advancements" the Wii brings to gaming are still free to use that method whereas normal people who aren't retarded/spastic can still use normal controls.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll