Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 13, 2008 05:56
Link to the Refinery Closures

The first bit is pretty self explanatory. They're all locked down for the impending hurricane.

The second part was observation on my way home from work. I was headed home, around ten or so in the evening, and I noticed something a little weird. Almost none of the pumps had their lights on, even fewer had gas prices listed, and the ones that did had huge lines, and were exorbitantly priced.

Gasoline in my area jumped from around 3.50 to 5.00 USD in the course of one day. I seriously saw a couple of guys in the middle of what appeared to be a fight at the pumps, as the cops were pulling in as I went by... it was eerie, and apparently that wasn't just a local thing. I popped on the news when I got home, and they had footage of the lines at the pumps, and people fighting at stations all over southeast Michigan (and I'm assuming the US).

Anybody else in the states see any of this madness firsthand?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 13, 2008 06:50
Maybe you fuckers should start riding bikes. lol
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 13, 2008 06:59
At 11 AM this morning it was $3.60. Before 12 PM it had jumped to over $5. When I went to fill my car up, the gas stations had a limit of 10 gallons per customer, but one guy filled his car up twice and was preparing to fill up several 5 gallon containers, but the guy in line behind him came up and pulled the hose out of the gas tank, then it was just madness after that. I wound up leaving and finding a place that had it cheaper....by 3 cents. Fucking robbery if you ask me.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 13, 2008 15:44
I ride mine everywhere but work, but I work ten miles away from where I live.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 13, 2008 20:34
lol idiots.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 14, 2008 00:35
gas is still 3.70 or whatever here, and there aren't crazy lines or shortages.
mastachefbkw

Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 14, 2008 01:15
Yeah, it's only 3.90 where I actually live, but the biggest city near where I live had it for 4.89. There are still limits at most places though.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 14, 2008 02:39
Gas here is $3.58.

I am glad I don't live where Eddie_teh_Hated does.  He lives in a land of many idiots.  Only idiots would get in fights over higher priced gasoline.  I can see getting in a fight or murdering a few people if gas were, say, 10 cents a gallon, but $5???  There would be a city-wide rampage and lines miles long if the price went up to $100 a gallon.  The higher the price, the more people in his town seem to want it.  Wayne, MI does not deserve to exist.
<message edited by Joe Redifer on Sep 14, 2008 02:40>
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 14, 2008 03:28

Gas here is $3.58.

Gas is down to 4.68, or at least that's what it was at five, when I left for work. I wasn't paying attention on the way home.

Only idiots would get in fights over higher priced gasoline.  I can see getting in a fight or murdering a few people ifgas were, say, 10 cents a gallon, but $5???

...There were confirmed reports of gunpoint-robbery, and assault with a deadly weapon when the 360/PS3 launched. Does it really surprise you?

There would be a city-wide rampage and lines miles long if the price went up to $100 a gallon.  The higher the price, the more people in his town seem to want it.

Motor-city area effect. The auto industry worked for years to keep public transportation at a bare minimum in the area. We have one of the largest ratios of drivers compared to walkers/bikers/public transit in the country, so when people need to go somewhere, it's almost always by car. Take away the fuel, and people get pissy.

Wayne, MI does not deserve to exist.

Can I get a hoo-ha two-times Tuesday?

emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 14, 2008 05:41
Um, it's like $3.40 here , and the gas stations are ghost towns.

Are people in your state fucking retarded?  People displaying such mob mentality should be shot on the spot, they are seriously a threat to national security.  What are America's enemies going to think when people are going fucking nuts over nothing?  Imagine if there was an ACTUAL gas crisis.
<message edited by emofag on Sep 14, 2008 05:46>
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 14, 2008 07:26
What people don't understand is that different oil refineries serve different parts of the country.  Basically, the midwest is being hit hard because the refineries that serve them are the ones that were closed for the hurricane.  That still doesn't give people a reason to act like morons, though.  But then again, people never really needed a reason.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 14, 2008 16:22

Um, it's like $3.40 here , and the gas stations are ghost towns.

Half of ours are bustling, and the other half have their marquees switched off, save for the price of a pack of cigs.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 14, 2008 20:29
Gas, grass or ass -- no one rides for free.
mastachefbkw

Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 15, 2008 00:01
Now its just gas.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 15, 2008 03:11
We have tons of hitchhikers around here that put up ass... they're called prostitutes. Oh, and nobody really needs weed if everyone's got some.

That really does leave gas as the only viable option, as Chef stated.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Sep 15, 2008 03:13>
Agent Ghost

Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 15, 2008 05:05
WTF is a gallon?  Stop using that shit, same thing with fahrenheit and miles.  They're bullshit, you guys are the only ones who still use that garbage.  Fucking Americans...  

Gas, grass or ass -- no one rides for free.

LMAO

emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 15, 2008 05:21
Dropped to 3.38 here, pumps are still ghost towns. 

And the whole gallon/inches shit is a cultural thing here, I dont know why people use it,  it isn't even really taught in schools, I never had a science class that didn't use the metric system.

I'd be really annoyed if I had to go through a physics class using that bullshit, doesn't make any fucking sense.
<message edited by emofag on Sep 15, 2008 05:25>
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 15, 2008 08:39
We've got schizophrenic weights and measures in the UK, lengths in a mixture of mm, inches, feet and miles. pints of beer, food in grams, litres of petrol, body weight in stones and pounds. Gets very confusing. At least I don't need to know how many chains in a furlong.

And we now pay £1.14 per litre for petrol - which I'm pretty sure is over $10 per gallon - so Americans stop whining you got it easy.
Agent Ghost

Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 15, 2008 19:04
People here pay $1.30 ish per liter.  The American and Canadian dollar are pretty much at parity.  So we're paying roughly 5$ a gallon.  We've been paying that for months.  I don't get it.  We have the second largest oil supply in the world and we still get fucked.  This is what we get for not nationalizing our oil.  

Americans really do cry a lot.  They have nearly every advantage in the world.
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Sep 15, 2008 19:06>
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 15, 2008 19:11
Google calculator says there are 10 chains in a furlong.  8 furlongs in a mile.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message