Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What the f*ck Apple?!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
What the f*ck Apple?! - Dec 17, 2008 22:08
I go to Sync my iPod today, and without asking me, iTunes tells me that my iPod cannot be read, and that it will reformat it, erasing everything, and install the 2.2 firmware update....

...Since when did developers decide that the software knows what's best?!
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:What the f*ck Apple?! - Dec 17, 2008 22:29
Hate to say it, but learn to zune.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:What the f*ck Apple?! - Dec 17, 2008 22:31
That is the fault of iTunes.  iTunes is one of the large reasons that I gave my iPod away.  I hate how it works with the thing.  I'm not a big fan of the iPod itself, either.  I am glad I no longer have an iPod.

I am surprised that other apps haven't been created to use with the iPod which offer much more control.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:What the f*ck Apple?! - Dec 17, 2008 23:33
Would apple allow other devs to do that?  I would even buy an apple product if they did.

So did you lose all your music Eddie?
<message edited by choupolo on Dec 17, 2008 23:34>
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:What the f*ck Apple?! - Dec 17, 2008 23:51
There are plenty fo apps that you can use iPods with, I know winamp has an iPod plugin.  Apple typically fails epiclly at software.  Their philosophy is they know what is best and the user is a moron.
Joe Redifer

Re:What the f*ck Apple?! - Dec 18, 2008 00:20
locopuyo

Apple typically fails epiclly at software.

I don't know what "epiclly" means (it doesn't seem to be a real word in the English language, anyway), but Final Cut Studio is the bees knees.  Much better than Adobe Premiere Pro and especially Encore.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:What the f*ck Apple?! - Dec 18, 2008 07:53
They don't fail, it's just anally designed against piracy, it isn't beyond apple to just let you make your own folder and drag and drop shit.
Joe Redifer

Re:What the f*ck Apple?! - Dec 18, 2008 09:30
That's how I'd want it to work.  Can't recall if I was able to do that, but I remember every time I hooked up my iPod it would try to sync and I didn't want it to.  Plus, the sound quality of the thing wasn't so hot, not as good as my MiniDisc players.  Hopefully some of the newer iPods sound better.
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:What the f*ck Apple?! - Dec 18, 2008 10:31
choupolo

Would apple allow other devs to do that?  I would even buy an apple product if they did.

So did you lose all your music Eddie?

No, he just had to sit through the admittedly annoying process of the thing formatting itself, installing the firmware update and then transferring the music from his iTunes library back onto the iPod.

iTunes blows. I love the hardware, but the software is just retarded.

My iPhone went all funny after the firmware update and i couldn't make any voice calls. Messages, email and the browser worked fine, but trying to call out ended in an immediate 'call failed'. Answering incoming calls crashed the handset.

I took it back to the Apple store and walked away 5 minutes later with a brand new handset. I didn't need any ID, they just asked me for my email address. The customer service in the Apple store is unmatched, as is their level of technical knowledge about the products.

I also love the fact that you don't have to go to the desk to pay by card. They all have a little device to process payments wherever they are stood in the store... and then email you your receipt.

The iPhone and iPod Touch (2G) have really come into it's own with the App Store. There's an app called Truphone that allows people with second generation iPod Touch's to make free VOIP calls over wi-fi if they use headphones that have a built in mic. It's cool as fuck.

iTunes sucks though and it pisses me off on a daily basis.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:What the f*ck Apple?! - Dec 18, 2008 11:33
It eems like everyone's excuse for using iTunes is "My iPod barely works with iTunes, I don't want to try something else."  lol.

I think they don't fix the bugs in iTunes because they want to convince you it will work better on a Mac so you buy one of those too. 
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
Re:What the f*ck Apple?! - Dec 18, 2008 13:00
I can see why people want to use an Iphone, but why do people buy Ipods? I mean, you can get MP3 players that offer the same or more features from Creative, Sansa etc. for less money. So why do people still stick with Ipods?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:What the f*ck Apple?! - Dec 18, 2008 18:09
I agree.  The hardware is nothing special for iPods.  They use strip down and outdated tech to make everything so small.  The only thing Apple does well is use the smallest development process possible.  I'm not impressed when you can fit a calculator in a watch either.  It's like a midget perfecting his fighting technique.  They can master the ways of the fucking Ninja but they'd still be pathetic.    

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEj-S73kOW8&feature=related  lol

I like features like direct encoding and FM radio.  More importantly is having a device with a decent amp so the sound doesn't sound like something from the mid 90's.  Actually just about any portable CD player will have a better amp than a shitPod.  I don't know why people need anything smaller than a CD player.  Are you trying to hid it in your ass?   

I'm sick of fumbling with low quality MP3s.  I'm going back to using retail CDs.
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Dec 18, 2008 18:17>
Joe Redifer

Re:What the f*ck Apple?! - Dec 18, 2008 20:15
locopuyo

I think they don't fix the bugs in iTunes because they want to convince you it will work better on a Mac so you buy one of those too.

No, it works just as crappy on a Mac.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message