Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Who Smoke?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Who Smoke? - Sep 01, 2008 18:01
dirty people.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Who Smoke? - Sep 01, 2008 18:07
Are you high?

Anyway, tabacco smoke is nasty and unhealthy, I'm ok with smoking cannabis, it's also unhealthy but most responsible cannabis users only smoke a couple of blunts per week, if not per month. tabacco smokers smoke packs and packs of cigarettes 24/7 no matter what they are doing.
Silentbomber

Re:Who Smoke? - Sep 01, 2008 18:11
yeah i mean tabacco smokers, bad people!
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
Re:Who Smoke? - Sep 01, 2008 18:14
Thanks for sharing?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Who Smoke? - Sep 01, 2008 21:46
Everyone I live(d) with smokes, except my youngest brother who is only 9 years old.  I never smoked a single cigarette in my life and I never intend on touching the stuff, it's disgusting.  It's alergy season, I'm hyper sensitive to rag weed.  Even second hand smoke irritates me to no end.  My sinuses feel like an ashtray.  Fortunately my allergies aren't as bad as they used to be, a few years back my cornea cracked and started to peel because my eyes were so dry and that's with eye drops.  The edges of the cracks were stained yellow because of cigarette smoke.  Cigarette smoke amplifies the effects of my allergies.
The effects of smoking isn't mearly that it will cause cancer 50 years down the road, the health complicatons start immediately.  It won't always take 50 years for cancer to develop either, we had to bury my father at 34 years old because of lung cancer.  He smoked two packs a day, disgusting. 
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Who Smoke? - Sep 01, 2008 22:07
My brother smokes... but very few of my friends do.

It pisses me off in Europe when people smoke while they're in restaurants. They don't do it while they are eating, but there's always some fucker smoking when my food arrives. I usually resort to telling them that it they don't put it out or move to another table i'll ram it down their throat.
Agent Ghost

Re:Who Smoke? - Sep 01, 2008 22:47
In Canada you can't smoke in restaurants or bars anymore, it's nice.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Who Smoke? - Sep 01, 2008 22:58
Agent Ghost

In Canada you can't smoke in restaurants or bars anymore, it's nice.

Yeah, we just got a law like that. Everybody has to go outside to smoke.

Places like Spain, Italy and Greece are really bad for it though.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Who Smoke? - Sep 02, 2008 00:23
you pretty much can't smoke anywhere in Minnesota, even bars.  It's very nice for the non-smokers.
Silentbomber

Re:Who Smoke? - Sep 02, 2008 01:26
I think Ireland was the first in europe to bring in the smoking ban.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Who Smoke? - Sep 02, 2008 02:04
I don't smoke anything of any kind, nor am I curious about it.  I just find the act of smoking gross.  It looks gross and smells even worse.  I can always tell when other people smoke just by the way they smell.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
Re:Who Smoke? - Sep 02, 2008 02:38
I smoke when I feel like it. Djarum Black usually. I haven't had any in a few months though. Didn't quit, just don't have a taste for it. It's nowhere near a habit.

I only smoke in my car or in designated smoking areas though. I know some people don't like the smell, so I'm courteous.

I'm against any law banning smoking though. That should be a decision made by the business owner.

I've never smoked weed or anything like that. I don't see the point.
Agent Ghost

Re:Who Smoke? - Sep 02, 2008 02:48

I'm against any law banning smoking though. That should be a decision made by the business owner.

Why?  The business owner has no stake in the health of his clients or his employees who have to work there for six hours every night.  It's not even a choice for the owner, he's obviously going to want smoking in his place to attract more customers, in all likelihood he won't even be present to breath the toxic air.  It doesn't seem responsible to let the business owner have any say in this matter.  Business owners have enough influence on our laws as it is.  
nekkid_monkey

Re:Who Smoke? - Sep 02, 2008 03:28
 Of course the owner has a stake in the clients. No clients = no money.
If the customers would respond by not patronizing the business, the business owner would ban it of his/her own accord.

But customers don't respond, they just keep coming back. If the customers themselves aren't taking responsibilty for their own health, why should the law force that responsibility on the business owners? Private businesses should be able to control their own environments.

Plus if it was really that annoying, you'd stop going there.

As for the employees, well, I feel a little bad for them. On the other hand, if you take a job in a bar and complain about the smoke that's kinda retarded.

Plus, banning a product because of a public health hazard is hypocritical if the product remains legal. If smoking is so dangerous, make it illegal outright. Don't fuck around with it.

And yes, I know it is actually deadly. I just hate hypocritical laws.
Agent Ghost

Re:Who Smoke? - Sep 02, 2008 04:10
Smoking related illness will usually only kill a person when they're too old to go out anyways.  A bartender's clientelle is mostly in the ages between 20-40.  The bar owner doesn't give a shit if their clients get cancer at 60.  He doesn't give a shit about his employees either, he can replace them with little hasstle.

The only thing he cares about is the year of business when they make the transition between smokers and non-smokers.  Eventually he'll be golden again.  Non smokers will start to go out more, and smokers will get used to it.  Smoking isn't the thread that holds the bar business together, alcohol and sex is.  Trust me, people will get over it.  A minor transitional phase for a business to save some people from cancer, small price.

I'll tell you something though.  I'm all for giving these bars a tax break for a year or two to offset the costs of the ban.  The government will save money from medical bills in the long run anyways.  Afterall, why should the tax payer pay for the damage that smoking bars cost?

The logic of people having a choice to go doesn't satisfy me because we both agree that we should have bars and restaurants.  That means someone has to go, and someone has to work there.  We can blame the victim or we can blame the person that allows for smoking in these places.  And who would that be, it would be the voters.  It's not the business men that should decide, they've caused enough fucking problems everytime they buyout politicians.  In a society that works it's the people that decide.  The business man only has a business because the people allow him to own a business.  In a healthy society that's how it should work.
emofag

Re:Who Smoke? - Sep 02, 2008 04:59
If they want it so bad they can chew tabacco, I don't give a fuck that they're ingesting nicotine, I just don't like smoke blowing over my food.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Who Smoke? - Sep 02, 2008 05:06
I don't think I'd like seeing "spit cups" sitting on adjacent tables, either.
emofag

Re:Who Smoke? - Sep 02, 2008 06:00
IDGAF
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
Re:Who Smoke? - Sep 02, 2008 08:21
smoking is disgusting, its great now they banned it in public places - I can go out without coming back smelling like an ashtray.

Still though, I used to smoke cigars when I was very drunk, at least that's classy.
nekkid_monkey

Re:Who Smoke? - Sep 02, 2008 10:37

"The logic of people having a choice to go doesn't satisfy me because we both agree that we should have bars and restaurants.  That means someone has to go, and someone has to work there. "

Is there a law that says if a bar or resturant opens that people HAVE to go? If people HATED smoking SO much that there was a law required, then any place that allowed smoking wouldn't have been successful in the first place.

Sane people don't patronize places they find disgusting. 

Smoking bans are another one of these little babysitter laws that takes away personal freedoms in the guise of protecting people. 

I don't smoke regularly, and I haven't been to a bar in years. I still find it disturbing that if I went to a bar, there's now a LAW that says I can't smoke in there. If there was just a no smoking sign over the bar, no problem. But a LAW is going too far.  

<message edited by nekkid_monkey on Sep 02, 2008 10:39>
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread