Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 59
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 15:19
"This Phelps guy is absolutely outrageous! He's sending an absolutely horrific message to the children"

"Yes sir, I agree sir, but what do we do about it?"

"Well Johnson, we'll have to show the youth of America that if you smoke weed, you cannot be an Olympic gold medalist! Ban the weed smoking Olympic gold medalist!"

"Yes sir, that's a great idea sir...."

Seriously now. I think Phelps is as much of an American hero as we've had in national and global athletics in a long long time, and the American people, those who USA Swimming, Kellog's etc. claim to be trying to "protect", frankly, don't seem to care.

It seems to me to be another case of our culture protecting us from ourselves. No official USA Swimming infraction was made, so let the American people vote with their dollar in endorsements and advertisements, and with their time on television coverage. The idea of him considering forfeiting the 2012 Olympics over an act that a majority of people in America under 65 believe should be decriminalized, is beyond frustrating.

I mean... don't the results stand for themselves?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 16:59
Agreed. He Michael Fucking Phelps. This is almost as outrageous as his "bad health example" when he ate a Big Mac after the olympics. With all the problems in this country, why is who smoked weed, who ate what, and who took a picture with slanted eyes an actual topic in the media.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 17:18
I think people got scared cause it puts marijuanna use in a good light. I mean come on olympic gold medalist toking up? This is obviously not the first times he has ever used. It sort of debunks critics arguments that weed is the devils plant and will make you a blight to society.

Smoke up boys and girls and maybe you to can be an olympic hero.

People should really just relax on the subject of marijuanna use.
immortaldanmx

Re:Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 18:39
Weed affects you negatively as far as lung capacity, which affects your ability to do things like sports. That leads me to believe that while it wasnt his first time, he obviously isnt lighting up during training or before an event. He won 8 gold medals, got millions in endorsements, and was a national hero. Perhaps they should leave him alone for trying to unwind.
Johnny Jiron

Re:Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 19:06
That goes without saying. But like drinking if done in a reasonable way, as you said it provides a great way to unwind. 
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 19:07
Who are these people?

Anyone susceptible to a group-think mentality, which is to say anyone who is incapable of thinking.  The US has a lot of people like this.  Of course marijuana is not a performance enhancing drug.  It's like inhaling rat poison. 

America will never change.  Corporate America wants Joe Nobody to continue buying 2 cents worth of chemicals for 80$.  It's really not difficult to manipulate Americans in to buying any idea that suits the All Mighty Dollar even at their own expense. 
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Feb 06, 2009 19:16>
immortaldanmx

Re:Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 19:08
Agent Ghost

Who are these people?

Anyone susceptible to a group-think mentality, which is to say anyone who is incapable of thinking.  The world has a lot of people like this.  Of course marijuana is not a performance enhancing drug.  It's like inhaling rat poison. 

Fixed.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 19:20
There is no country in the world that puts profit ahead of individual freedoms the way the US does.  Especially regarding the freedoms and rights of other nations.
immortaldanmx

Re:Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 19:47
Agent Ghost

There is no country in the world that puts profit ahead of individual freedoms the way the US does.  Especially regarding the freedoms and rights of other nations.

Lol, you bleeding heart liberal, you. If a nation cant stand up for itself then its its own fault if it is manipulated or invaded for anothers gain.
Zarathustra

• Total Posts : 140
Re:Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 19:54
Let me guess, Agent is from the UK; with their booming economy, and DEVASTATING snow fall they had that shut them down for days, how fucking pathetic, hell, the only thing more pathetic then Brits are Poles, Albanians, Turks, and Gypsy scum* cough cough* I mean, Romanians.
Johnny Jiron

Re:Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 20:05
I think Agent is Canadian.
Zarathustra

Re:Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 20:07
Agent Ghost

Who are these people?

Anyone susceptible to a group-think mentality, which is to say anyone who is incapable of thinking.  The US has a lot of people like this.  Of course marijuana is not a performance enhancing drug.  It's like inhaling rat poison. 

America will never change.  Corporate America wants Joe Nobody to continue buying 2 cents worth of chemicals for 80$.  It's really not difficult to manipulate Americans in to buying any idea that suits the All Mighty Dollar even at their own expense. 

Do you know exactly what Group-Think is? Group-Think is horrendous and is always going to happen. Hell, you, your buddy, and your other buddy decide that you're going to pick on this unfortunate soul; cackling as maniacally as you ever do, you go ditty-bopping down the halls, and decide to say that he is a liberal(coward, fag, mentally retarded, black, a woman, etc). He may be quiet smart, and have better points than you do, but since there is 3 of you, that makes you adopt the value that anybody else, who is generally the smaller in number, is totally wrong, stupid, retarded, or a fool. Group-Think is as easy as you and a couple friends picking on somebody because he's different(casting out his values- considering them valueless). It's easy, as is manipulation. Manipulation for smart people, is like taking candy from a baby- it requires no in-depth thinking, only creating Illusions of unanimity, creating Illusions of invulnerability, creating Unquestioned belief, and Stereotyping. Anybody can get absorbed by Group-Think, to think otherwise shows your stupid you really are, and dibs on the dude who spelt Marijuana wrong

Zarathustra

Re:Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 20:09
Johnny Jiron

I think Agent is Canadian.

Even more to laugh at. Hey, lets get free health care, so it can take close to a year to see a doctor.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 21:03
Alcohol is much more harmful than weed.  Its incredible that alcohol is legal and taxed and weed isn't.  The worst health effect from weed most people will get is the smoke itself.  In some few who are susceptible it can trigger dormant schizophrenia - but the link isn't clear.

Thinking about the delicate balance of chemical interactions that goes on in the brain, I wouldn't take anything that might fuck it up myself.  My body's a temple - not that I exercise or eat healthily or do Tai Chi or anything.

Michael Phelps is on the other hand superhuman - I would swear that the guy came from the planet krypton.  Or maybe he was born a dolphin.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 21:14

to think otherwise shows your stupid you really are, and dibs on the dude who spelt Marijuana wrong

I'd tell you to fuck off, but I don't have anything against your sister.

the only thing more pathetic then Brits are Poles, Albanians, Turks, and Gypsy scum* cough cough* I mean, Romanians.

But they only celebrate Halloween once a year.

Full disclosure: I'm half-Pole, you knob-gargling fuck-stick.

locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 21:43
immortaldanmx

Re:Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 21:48
You polok bastard!

Seriously though, what does anyone have against any of those groups? Last time I checked Brits, Poles, and "Gypsy's" havent done anything wrong to anyone, for the past 20 years or so at least.

You apparently think you sound smart by arguing a point that has nothing to do with the topic. You always start spouting some philosophical nonsense that has nothing to do with the topic, and then resort to insulting vast racial groups from other countries.

Its ok for me to make fun of a liberal in a sorta joking manner. It NOT ok for you to insult the entire population of 5 countries for nothing more than being whatever ethnicity they are. Learn the difference.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 21:54
Shoop da whoop!
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 22:30
heh... right brandon...

...anyway.

You polok bastard!

That's polack to you, hick.

See Z? That's how you engage in proper race-relations.

immortaldanmx

Re:Why is the idea of a pot-smoking olympic gold medalist so terrifying? - Feb 06, 2009 23:17
Eddie_the_Hated

heh... right brandon...

...anyway.

You polok bastard!

That's polack to you, hick.

See Z? That's how you engage in proper race-relations.

Wouldnt a hick know how to spell racial slurs?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 59

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message