Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Bad Company
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Bad Company - Jun 25, 2008 00:56
I was playing the demo today with canadagamer and it was fun because people were playing the game right . I cant wait to try out the new maps tomorrow when i get the game ..
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Bad Company - Jun 25, 2008 02:30
It was good to see you on last night 2Pac. Sorry I had to shoot you in your face .

This was supposed to be out yesterday, but my local EB Games told me that they weren' t going to be selling it until today.

Anyway, I like the idea of a Kikizo room this weekend on Bad Company so count me in. We' ll need to get times together obviously, so I will start by letting you know that right now I am on Central Standard Time.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Bad Company - Jun 25, 2008 03:33
I want it, but i cant afford it
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: Bad Company - Jun 25, 2008 04:06
Did you get the job you applied for?
Vx Chemical

RE: Bad Company - Jun 25, 2008 04:39

Did you get the job you applied for?

no news yet.

Got an interview for a job in the same range tomorrow.

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Bad Company - Jun 25, 2008 08:29
I just got home with the game. I have to say I feel like an idiot for buying the gold edition. I saw the words " exclusive weapons" and I thought typical of EA, I have to buy the gold edition now. I bring it home and realise after reading the instruction manual (which is paltry) that everyone gets these unlocks at lv 25. I paid 10$ more just to get the weapons early.

Then theres some useless content on the disc, like a documentary and strategy videos.

Oh it also has a small little poster included. That' s useless too. It' s small and it has been folded. When will people learn that NO ONE WANTS A FUCKING FOLDED POSTER!? A poster with creases in it has zero value. Garbage.

Whatever, I' ll be playing tonight.

EDIT:
Quick impression of multiplayer

I don' t like it.

-The controls are crappy, very imprecise. It feels like I' m moving around a boat. It' s the one thing you have to get right, EA butchered them here. I played for a few hours and all I could think was " I wish I was playing COD4" . Part of it is because I' m used to games that control competently, but this truely is horrible. Even the crosshairs are fucked.

-I always had this feeling that the enemy was too far, yet I they managed to kill me anyways. In a good FPS it should be easy for an experience player to gauge his suroundings and understand where the enemy is. Even when you die you should at least know where he was after he killed you. In BBC you can die randomly and have no fucking clue how.

-The filtering makes it hard to focus your eyes, there better be a way to turn it off. It' s excessive and it even hurts the illusion of 3D.

-Respawn system is broken. Not only have I respawned right in front of enemies but infront of bullets and tanks. EA: " You have half a second to live, have fun asshole" .

-Only two game modes! I' m sure EA will charge for the rest of the game.

-findallfive
http://badcompany.ea.com/page/dynpid/8616/

Look at the bullshit they expect you to do in order to unlock some of the weapons. GTFO EA!

My new theory
EA must hate gamers, that' s why they make this shit, they do it on purpose. They make a game that looks good and has high production values. A beautiful game. Then they shit all over the gameplay just to fuck with us.

< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 25 Jun 08 5:36:20 >
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Bad Company - Jun 25, 2008 13:03
I dont have the full version yet but i dont think the controls are as fucked up as you say they are . My only complain is about the number of bullets it takes to kill . I agree that sometimes you spawn right in front of an enemy but thats most often when you choose to spawn with your squad . You can always choose to spawn at the base if you see that the squad is involved in a fire-fight . I guess most of your complaints are because of the fact that you are so used to playing COD4 .
Vx Chemical

RE: Bad Company - Jun 25, 2008 15:35
Im considering taking in the crappy Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for this, and putting in a bit of cash.
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: Bad Company - Jun 25, 2008 16:09
I preordered the Gold Edition because it cost the same as the normal edition... But I won' t be able to play before I get home from Spain
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Bad Company - Jun 25, 2008 23:57

-The controls are crappy, very imprecise. It feels like I' m moving around a boat. It' s the one thing you have to get right, EA butchered them here. I played for a few hours and all I could think was " I wish I was playing COD4" . Part of it is because I' m used to games that control competently, but this truely is horrible. Even the crosshairs are fucked.

-I always had this feeling that the enemy was too far, yet I they managed to kill me anyways. In a good FPS it should be easy for an experience player to gauge his suroundings and understand where the enemy is. Even when you die you should at least know where he was after he killed you. In BBC you can die randomly and have no fucking clue how.

-The filtering makes it hard to focus your eyes, there better be a way to turn it off. It' s excessive and it even hurts the illusion of 3D.

-Respawn system is broken. Not only have I respawned right in front of enemies but infront of bullets and tanks. EA: " You have half a second to live, have fun asshole" .

-Only two game modes! I' m sure EA will charge for the rest of the game.

I agree with all your points, its not the game it could have been.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Bad Company - Jun 26, 2008 00:12
Thanks for the impressions Agent. That' s the same feeling I was getting from the demo. I wanted this game to be good but it' s an EA game... and yeah...
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Bad Company - Jun 26, 2008 00:37
I was playing the MP for a while last night until EA' s servers crapped out, but the time I had with the MP was fantastic.

I will agree with what Agent said about the controls to an extent. I don' t think that they make the game unplayable or anything, just that they will take some time to get used to especially if you are coming from playing COD4 all of the time. Once you do get a good feel for the controls, the MP becomes one of the most enjoyable online experiences I have had in recent memory.

I will have to say that Bad Company' s maps shit all over any map that came pre-loaded with COD4, as well as the Variety Map Pack. The sheer size of Bad Company' s maps are perfect for 24 player online play, and I am just hoping that they release more maps on the future that are just as good.

Now comes my favorite part of the game. The destructible environments and buildings. Dice and their Frostbite Engine pretty much delivery on exactly what they set out to do. My only complaint would be that some of the larger rocks on the ground do not crumble or break apart when hit by tanks, mortors, grenades etc. Other than that the destuctibilty is implements very well, looks fantastic, and adds some much needed depth of gameplay not only in the SP but also in the MP. No longer will trees interfere with your view as a sniper sitting atop a roof, as you can just quickly remove that pesky tree and improve your vision right away. Are defenders pissing you off because they are just hiding out in the building with the gold crate? No problem. Grab yourself a grenade launcher, rocket launcher, tank, or helicopter and blow those walls away. This indeed adds depth of gameplay, and will make you change the way you have traditionally played your online multiplayer.

As you can tell I am really enjoying the MP in Bad Company as it is a much needed change from the very stale COD4. I am in no way saying that COD4' s MP is no good, I am just saying that like all great online games it has become stale. Bad Company is a very nice change, and is fun and addicting which at the end of the day is what it' s all about.

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Bad Company - Jun 26, 2008 06:49
Yeah the vehicles are fun and the destrucatable environments are wicked especially impressive in multiplayer. The game isn' t all bad, it does have some good points. It' s technically a great game.

I just can' t believe there are only two game modes, and one of them needs to be downloaded? Where the fuck is team deathmatch? If you want to make a multiplayer game without team deathmatch...don' t. TD is the foundation of every multiplayer FPS, you can' t have an online fps without it.

What were they thinking?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread