Recovery Items Used: 15
Weapon Types Procured: 36
Flashbacks Watched: 132
Special Items Used: Not Used

Total Bonus: 17,060DP
Current Drebin Points: 127,469DP
Confer the title of.... " INCHWORM"

YEAH!!!1!!

I have to admit that when I read that the Crying Wolf boss fight was similar to the boss fight against " THE END" in Metal Gear Solid 3, I was NOT looking forward to fighting her. I HATED fighting " THE END" . But, in the end, Crying Wolf wasn' t so bad, her and her goons did no damage to me as I hid underneath that vehicle like a little girl during the entire fight and just used the Grenade Launcher on all of their a$$es! Picking them apart one by one. Worked like a charm!

LOVED the Grenade launcher, it was one of my best friends in the game!

I wish there were more hiding spots in the game! That was my favorite part of the game. Being able to hide in spots that enemies couldn' t enter, and just pick them apart! Worked beautifully with the Gekkos and those damn little robot things that were all over the place at times.

+ Loved the Drebin system. Purchasing weapons and ammo anytime I want, YES!!

- Chapter 5 and beyond was loooooooooooong as hell with very little gameplay.

Personal Score: 9/10

I can only hope that most of my items and weapons will carry over into a new game!
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 29 Jun 08 7:04:27 >
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

KongRudi
  • Total Posts : 220
  • Reward points : 8255
RE: Finally finished Metal Gear Solid 4! - Jun 29, 2008 12:49

I can only hope that most of my items and weapons will carry over into a new game!

They will, just load your last gamesave wich saved after you finnished playing in act 5, and you only had video left.
It will then ask difficulty-level you want to play at and similar, from what I understand, you will then get access to the weaponry and camo y ou' ve unlocked when you meet up with you robot again. :-/

I ended up hiding under that truck aswell, when I figured out that she were way to quick for me with my machinegun, but I used the Sniper-rifle on her. :)

The hardest boss-battle for me, were Vamp.. I don' t know how many thousands I spent on ammo, until I finally gave up, and went on the internet to figure out how to take him out. :-/

Laughing Octopus were my favourite boss-battle, long, but it were real awesome.
Struggled alot to find her, until i saw the contours of the tentacles and her head in a cardboard-box, and then she ran away and hid a different place. :P
The proposal-fight were probably my favourite cutscene. :)

Awesome game, my first MGS-game, so I guess I missed out on alot of the fan-service, but it still rocked.
I playd it on Liquid easy tough.. :-)

I wish more games could have these kinds of production-values. :P
Hopefully this will pay off bigtime for Konami, they deserve it. :)

< Message edited by kongrudi -- 29 Jun 08 4:50:56 >

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Finally finished Metal Gear Solid 4! - Jun 29, 2008 14:35
Try BossExtreme now Terry, go for a Big Boss Emblem[;)

Awesome game, my first MGS-game, so I guess I missed out on alot of the fan-service, but it still rocked.

If you liked it, then you should pick up the Essentials Collection which comes with MGS and the director' s cut edition of MGS2 and MGS3. Or download the database for free from the PSN, its very comprehensive and it' ll help you understand all of those fanservice tidbits
< Message edited by chimura -- 29 Jun 08 6:37:02 >

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Finally finished Metal Gear Solid 4! (spoilerz!) - Jun 29, 2008 14:47

I ended up hiding under that truck aswell, when I figured out that she were way to quick for me with my machinegun, but I used the Sniper-rifle on her. :)

That truck ROCKED! Given how thick that blizzard was, there was just no way I was running out into the open to try and track her down! The minute the battle began I wasted no time in sliding underneath that truck and just hoping that nothing happened to it! I tried using the various Sniper-rifles and machine guns, but in the end, the grenade launcher was just magic for me ;D.

The hardest boss-battle for me, were Vamp.. I don' t know how many thousands I spent on ammo, until I finally gave up, and went on the internet to figure out how to take him out. :-/

Both Vamp and Mantis gave me a slight headache. I did the same thing you did. After killing Vamp numerous times only for him to keep coming back to life, I finally said screw it and went to Gamefaqs and checked out a Boss Faq to see what I needed to do to make the sumbitch stay down! Mantis was an even bigger pain in the neck because I wasn' t doing any damage to him or his puppets at all! I checked out the same boss faq again, but only read up to the part where they said to use the syringe to get the battle started.

Laughing Octopus were my favourite boss-battle, long, but it were real awesome.
Struggled alot to find her, until i saw the contours of the tentacles and her head in a cardboard-box, and then she ran away and hid a different place. :P
The proposal-fight were probably my favourite cutscene. :)

Was Laughing Octopus the first boss battle? Because I swear I hated fighting her. As you can probably tell, I' m just not a fan of hide-n-go-seek bosses ;D. I like having them out in the open, throwing everything and the kitchen sink at me! I think my favorite boss fight was probably Snake vs. Liquid Ocelot!

Awesome game, my first MGS-game, so I guess I missed out on alot of the fan-service, but it still rocked. I playd it on Liquid easy tough.. :-)

I' ve played all of them, never completed the original, and some of the fan-service stuff was still over my head ;). I played it on the easiest setting, I like getting that first playthrough out of the way just to see if it' s worth playing through again!

I wish more games could have these kinds of production-values. :P
Hopefully this will pay off bigtime for Konami, they deserve it. :)

Yes, the production values were indeed awesome! I just hope there' s like a Metal Gear Gaiden or " Metal Gear Zero" coming out in the future. I originally wanted Raiden to be the new star of the series, but seeing how they gave him a happy ending, I guess that' s not an option anymore.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Finally finished Metal Gear Solid 4! - Jun 29, 2008 14:52

Try BossExtreme now Terry, go for a Big Boss Emblem[;)

HA!!1! Ain' t no way in hell that' s happening . I' ll play up to the Normal mode and then be done with it!

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Finally finished MGS4! (Spoilerz!) - Jun 29, 2008 15:13
Uhg I still have to wait til Wednesday.

KongRudi
  • Total Posts : 220
  • Reward points : 8255
RE: Finally finished MGS4! (Spoilerz!) - Jun 29, 2008 16:22

Was Laughing Octopus the first boss battle? Because I swear I hated fighting her. As you can probably tell, I' m just not a fan of hide-n-go-seek bosses ;D. I like having them out in the open, throwing everything and the kitchen sink at me! I think my favorite boss fight was probably Snake vs. Liquid Ocelot!

Yeah, it were the first boss..

I didn' t like it in the start either, I tought she were invisible, and suddenly there she were right infront of me spraying me with ink.

But then I noticed her hiding in the cardbox, only _allmost_ invisible, and realized she used the same sort of camoflage as me.
Even tough I were right beside her I could only see the contours of her, and she sat completely still for 20 seconds, even tough I stood on her tentacles, before I started shooting at her..
I started to walk around more slowly, and look for her much harder.
The second time I found her using the octocamo, hanging on the wall.
I changed from the Custom M4 into the RPG, but it were empty.

Unfortunately she didn' t have the same kind of ice in her stomach that time, and started to flee, as soon as I started to reload the RPG.

I dunno, if she fled because she saw me putting a missile in the RPG or it were a coincidence, but I felt real awesome and great, and had a pretty huge grin on my face walking around searching for her with my reloaded RPG. :))

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
RE: Finally finished MGS4! (Spoilerz!) - Jun 30, 2008 03:54

I originally wanted Raiden to be the new star of the series, but seeing how they gave him a happy ending, I guess that' s not an option anymore.

Well, Payton said that the next Metal Gear would probably deal with Big Boss, since they feel there is a lot to cover with him still. As far as Raiden is concerned, I would love to see SPOILER COMING:The period between MGS2 and MGS4 and saves Sunny from the Patriots, as well as being turned into the cyborg ninja

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Finally finished MGS4! (Spoilerz!) - Jun 30, 2008 04:21
good god 69 hours??? !
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Kelvinellenton
  • Total Posts : 454
RE: Finally finished MGS4! (Spoilerz!) - Jun 30, 2008 05:42

Uhg I still have to wait til Wednesday.

I have to wait till the 17th

the_shadowwolf
  • Total Posts : 675
  • Reward points : 17635
Re: RE: Finally finished MGS4! (Spoilerz!) - Sep 26, 2008 17:25
Everyone wrote their own review on MGS4, and some their stats.

Initially i was playing this mid July, reached Act 3 then had to leave home for a couple weeks. As i came back just 2 weeks ago i finally got to finished what i started.

Total Play Time: 7:58:02
Continues: 0
Alert Phases: 0
Kills: 2
Recovery Items Used: 0
Weapon Types Procured: 44
Flashbacks Watched: 113
Special Items Used: Not Used

Total Bonus: Don't remember
Current Drebin Points: Don't remember
Confer the title of.... Wolf

Damn! would you believe i never shot anyone but got 2 kills. lol.
In Act 2 i think where Old Snake was escaping with Drebbin on the vehicle i destroyed one of the gekkos and i guess it exploded and killed the men that were near them that i tranquilized.

Now it's time to get that big boss emblem. While i have the time now.

Personally after the original MGS1, i enjoyed MGS3 the best since it appealed to me the most.
MGS4 is a solid title, that wraps up all previous titles in the series. The graphics are flawless and the gameplay is superb. There are what 60 + weapons to collect and most have the ability to custumize. Most of which i will never use since i play using stealth and no kills but still very good.
The story is somewhat disappointing as well as most of the boss battle cut scenes. Old Snake kept falling, coughing and made him so out of it. More like Sad and sappy snake. I can relate to the character but common a little dignity for our no hero.
The death scenes for our previous characters like big mama (Eva), Dr. Naomi Hunter could have been more dramatic. Big Mama got shot and all the healing techniques Big Boss learned in MGS3 didn't transcend to his son. I had to look at Eva scene after scene still covering her wound, snake doesn't care. I loved when raiden came to snake aid, he died so many times yet he lives, the final death when he stopped the ship from colliding with Depressed snake was awesome. They should have let him died. He would have been honoured.
However, there are tons of easter eggs and fan boy stuff that Kojima put in that was very appreciated. From the ipod with collecting i tunes, to mantis, and even battle with liquid was all good. They made a lot of reference to ps1, blue ray disc etc.
Remember when you fought psyco mantis the first time around MGS1 had to switch contoler ports, i tried this approach the first time i had to fight Screaming mantis, ROFL. Not the same here. But by far the easiest boss.

MGS4 is a great game none the less. It's not perfect in my eyes but does everything right. The cuts scenes though long can be stopped and some are nicely interactive. It has tons of replayability for those who want to get the title big boss. This is not a complete review of the game, just my completion and what i taught if it.
I will give it an overall score of 93% of awesomeness.

Edit: Anyone playing this online send me a pm.
<message edited by the_shadowwolf on Sep 26, 2008 17:26>
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.