Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 15, 2008 20:27
Standard system sucks. It's us, and a few poor nobody nations that still use it, and the only reason they do is because we tossed it on them when we let them have their countries back.

And we now pay £1.14 per litre for petrol - which I'm pretty sure isover $10 per gallon - so Americans stop whining you got it easy.

That's about seven or eight bucks I think.

Americans really do cry a lot.  They have nearly every advantage in the world.

...So long as we stay in country, yeah.

Brits and Canadians have it worse in the oil spectrum, but that doesn't mean we have advantages across the board. Britain has a far better economy, as I recall, and Canada... well... you don't have an excuse for your expensive gas. Do something about that.  :p

My gas was around three dollars, now it's around four or five. It's more expensive for me to travel, and I dislike that, therefore, I have a legitimate right to complaint.

locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 16, 2008 00:13
lol, far better economy than detroit perhaps.
The reason gas is so expensive other places is because of taxes. 
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 16, 2008 00:49
8 Edward Furlong's in a mile is 8 Edward Furlongs too many!
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 16, 2008 02:15

I blame nascar.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 16, 2008 04:41
mastachefbkw

I blame nascar.

I blame Mechs that were created to run on jet fuel.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 17, 2008 09:52
Canadians can thank Mr. Mulroney and the fantastic idea to actually sign NAFTA. We get screwed on the price of gas because of the anti-gouging clause in NAFTA.

I live in Regina, Saskatchewan which is right next door to Alberta. Oil from Alberta is brought into Regina on a regular basis. Here in Regina we refine the oil into GAS. Right here in my own f.ucking city, and yet I am paying over $5 a gallon or $1.45/litre right now (roughly 4 gallons to 1 litre).

Anyone here want to try and explain this to me?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 17, 2008 11:13
Fuck NAFTA. There's your answer.

It's nation-state level welfare. Two certain countries work their asses off, and have functional trade agreements, and one just dangles on the end and reaps the benefits. A primary rationale for NAFTA was to assist Mexico's economy, and increase the wages of Mexican workers (Which, funnily enough, we're in no state to do). It did neither, and is now sucking jobs held by Americans and Canadians south of the border, because of the low cost of labor.

Viva la lazzez faire.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Sep 17, 2008 11:19>
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message