The Spirit

_Majik_
  • Total Posts : 198
  • Reward points : 6450
The Spirit - Jan 08, 2009 11:54
Has anybody seen this yet?

I've been busy so i haven't had chance to catch it... but i'm supposed to be going on Saturday. Should i see this or should i see The Wrestler instead?

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
Re:The Spirit - Jan 08, 2009 16:11
I have heard it is one of the worst movies ever.  Not kidding.

The Wrestler looks boring as hell.  Fake Mickey Rourke tears is not something that draws me to a movie.  But it might be better than The Spirit.

2pac
  • Total Posts : 1032
  • Reward points : 6490
Re:The Spirit - Jan 08, 2009 16:44
Saw it the day it was released . Dont waste your time . Its got that frank miller look but everything else is just awful .. I cant beleive samuel l jackson did this movie .
  [image]http://gdpit.com/avatars_pictures/animated/gdpit_com_45464555_806.gif[/image]

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
Re:The Spirit - Jan 08, 2009 18:09
lol I could tell it was ass from the first time I saw a preview.  "OMG I HAVE VOICE LIKE BATMAN" = instant suck
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
Re:The Spirit - Jan 08, 2009 19:25
2pac

Saw it the day it was released . Dont waste your time . Its got that frank miller look but everything else is just awful .. I cant beleive samuel l jackson did this movie .

I cant believe he did Snakes on a Plane either, though. Maybe his career is going downhill.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Johnny Jiron
  • Total Posts : 434
  • Reward points : 5360
Re:The Spirit - Jan 08, 2009 19:29
My brother says The Wrestler is a damn impressive movie. But I suppose it depends on if your in the mood for a drama film about an aging wrestler. 

I'm gonna hold out on The Spirit myself after hearing about the trashing it got.

Gran Torino (Clint Eastwoods new flick) is out this friday, I've heard good things about that one.

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
  • Reward points : 0
Re:The Spirit - Jan 08, 2009 20:16
locopuyo

lol I could tell it was ass from the first time I saw a preview.  "OMG I HAVE VOICE LIKE BATMAN" = instant suck

Yeah.  When I saw the trailer the first time, I was like "... oooo kkkkk..."!  It looked like a clone of The Shadow (which I love), but in a bad way!  I'll probably rent it.

As for Samuel Jackson, I think he's a pretty good actor, but makes some god-awful decisions as far as movies go.  He's like the opposite of Tom Cruise.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Re:The Spirit - Jan 08, 2009 21:04
I've heard awful things from people, but the same people said they didn't like Sin City, so I couldn't tell you the validity of their opinion.  I haven't seen it myself, but it looks pretty bad.

Gran Torino (Clint Eastwoods new flick) is out this friday, I've heard good things about that one.
I watched it a few weeks ago and its really good.

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
Re:The Spirit - Jan 08, 2009 21:58
mastachefbkw

I've heard awful things from people, but the same people said they didn't like Sin City, so I couldn't tell you the validity of their opinion.  I haven't seen it myself, but it looks pretty bad.

I watched it a few weeks ago and its really good.

Gran Torino was great. I didnt like the ending that much, but it still was a good movie. I will say that most acting in it seemed forced, except Eastwood himself.
"In Korea we used to pile fucks like you 5ft high and use em for sandbags","what are you jabberin gooks doin on my lawn". Old and senile Dirty Harry basically, epic.

Theres a DVD Screener(aka great quality) floating around. I cant post here where, but if you dont know yourself youre probably too stupid to get it anyway.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:The Spirit - Jan 09, 2009 20:04

Has anybody seen this yet?

Fucking garbage.

Probably the worst feature-film I've seen in years.
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

nekkid_monkey
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Reward points : 1280
Re:The Spirit - Jan 10, 2009 01:46
I got a good laugh out of it, but not because it was funny.
It was so terrible I actually enjoyed myself. I'm willing to bet that at some point Frank Miller knew he was making a bad movie and just decided to just get stupid with it.   

kukuruza
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
Re:The Spirit - Sep 13, 2009 18:56
It was a tremendous show
<message edited by kukuruza on Sep 18, 2009 16:53>