- Joined: Jan 04, 2007
- Location: The Caribbean
Dec 04, 2011 18:45
So it's been a hell of a year. Kikizo form slowly died. We all moved on? I'm going to sum up memorable events that took place in 2011. Even though the year is not year over still 25+ more days to go i'm taking a head start and hopefully the few lurkers and drive by posters can fill in on their past year.
-In January while in Atlanta, we experienced a massive snow storm lasting a week. With up to 3 ft of snow. Atlanta hadn't had a storm like that since 1970's i think.
-Jared LeeThe Tocson Shooting massive story in the US lasted for weeks.
- I remember there was a lot of abnormal weather patterns at the beginning of the year and one was the massive flood in Brazil that killed over 400 pple.
-There was also the Tsunami and 8.9 earthquake that hit Japan. Subsequently lead to a nuclear reactor leak and several evacuations and deaths due to the quake. My friend in who lives in Japan, lucky her family lived away from the city and the coast so she was not hurt. But the event was totally catastrophic.
- In October another earthquake in Turkey killing 80+ pple.
-Prince William's wedding...should i even put in Kim Kardashian's wedding??
-Death of Osama Bin Laden by US Special Forces *horrar!*
- Sadly the military helicopter containing the special operation troops, most of them from the elite Navy SEAL unit that killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden was shot down in eastern Afghanistan, killing 31 U.S.
-The Governator Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver separated and his affair with the maid which resulted in an outside son. Did not expect that, this was one of my biggest whoa?
- E3, Sony showed of the Vista and Nintendo the successor to the Wii. Some games. Not much to anticipate this year at E3 nor anything that wowed. More E3 stuff check the E3 thread.
- The 2nd biggest trial next to the MJ trial was the murder trial of Casey Anthony, who allegedly killed her 3 yr old daughter.
- Death of Celebrities such as Elizabeth Taylor, Hip/hop Artist Heavy D and one of the world's greatest innovators for my/our time Steve Jobs.
- There were international events taking place Libyan war and eventually the death of the Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's.
That's what I remember news wise this year. As for me after I left Atlanta, I returned home, got my old job back, worked for 5 mths, resigned again! Traveled to Jamaica, started a Masters Degree in Forensic Science and really looking forward to going back home again. It's been a busy year.
2012 we will see if this is the 2nd end of the world. I remember 12 years ago when they said 2000. lol and computers not 2K complaint. lol.