Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more exclusives.
Change Page: 12345678 > | Showing page 1 of 8, messages 1 to 20 of 156
Emotep

• Total Posts : 125
It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more exc - Oct 03, 2006 22:04
How sad is that? I mean, you don' t see any " console exclusives" on the Nintendo or Sony systems, just " true exclusives" .

I guess Microsoft needs " console exclusives" , which arent real exclusives in order to give the impression that it actually has exclusive titles. What' s next?

" American Console Exclusive!" Every game on the Xbox is " American Console Exclusive!"
< Message edited by Emotep -- 3 Oct 06 14:08:24 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more - Oct 03, 2006 22:18

ORIGINAL: Emotep

How sad is that? I mean, you don' t see any " console exclusives" on the Nintendo or Sony systems, just " true exclusives" .

I guess Microsoft needs " console exclusives" , which arent real exclusives in order to give the impression that it actually has exclusive titles. What' s next?

" American Console Exclusive!" Every game on the Xbox is " American Console Exclusive!"

What???

Are you really an Emo???
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more - Oct 03, 2006 22:39

Well you see MS is really smart, since they are also making their Games for Windows brand, which will give them the opportunity to secure that games wont be played on Linux either. And im sure the Games for Windows brand, and licensing DX costs money as well, so its good buisness for MS to allow developers to release the games on the windows platform as well, because it lets MS reach even more customers, so its not really something they need to invent, they make more money this way.

Infact MS is releasing games on two platforms, PC' s and the Xbox 360, thus by having the games Console Exclusive they insure that they make the money of those games, and not Sony or Nintendo

Think things through before you post!
Emotep

RE: It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more - Oct 03, 2006 22:57
Except having Xbox games on PC defeats the purpose of buying an Xbox, since owning a PC is practically required in Western society.

Also, Microsoft doesn' t make any money on PC Game sales. There is no licensing fee to develop games for the PC. The only money Microsoft makes on PC games are games developed by Microsoft Studios.

Console exclusives is nothing but a failed attempt in order to try to make the Xbox 360 look like it actually has more exclusives than it actually does. Again, you don' t see Sony or Nintendo claiming to have " console exclusives" . Just plain old fashioned " exclusives" .
Nitro

RE: It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more - Oct 03, 2006 23:02
Yeah, but seriously -- are you an Emo?
Dyack

• Total Posts : 61
RE: It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more - Oct 03, 2006 23:21
So... he registers just to whine that Microsoft has bioshock, splinter cell 5 and alan wake as exclusives.

If it isn' t on any other console its an exclusive get over it. If you want to hate on microsoft how about hating on the fact that their " Games for Windows" plan that they started is such a smart idea that it managed to land the 360 big exclusives like bioshock.

Game' s for windows = microsoft' s new initiative to bring pc gaming back to the forefront and developers want their games to be apart of that and an exclusive to the 360 is sort' ve a default win for Microsoft. I can almost guarantee you right now that without games for windows Microsoft wouldn' t have managed to keep certain titles from going to the ps3.

Emo I don' t see sony or nintendo with an operating system that accounts for over 90% of computer users worldwide either. Maybe sony or nintendo can' t say the things Microsoft does because they don' t have the type of leverage on the pc side that Microsoft does. You sound like some bitter sony fanboy that is mad about the bioshock, splinter cell exclusives.
< Message edited by dyack -- 3 Oct 06 15:26:56 >
Emotep

RE: It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more - Oct 03, 2006 23:43
Bioshock, Splinter Cell 5 and Alan Wake aren' t exclusives.

They are on the PC as well.

Exclusive (n): Released to only one source.

Xbox + PC = 2 sources. Therefore, they are not exclusives.

Learn to use a dictionary.

Also, why would I want to play American made garbage like Bioshock, Splinter Cell and Alan Wake?
< Message edited by Emotep -- 3 Oct 06 15:44:34 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more - Oct 03, 2006 23:54
Emotep here is the problem,nobody here has a Vista.

Its not out until next year.

You must upgrade your pc' s OS.
Alot of people still even use 2k but most xp,and there isn' t a sure thing that people will explode over to vista when it comes,or when they tried it for a while,they could go back to xp.

Now also,we know that the pc specc for games is always much higher.

for ex try play doom3 on a 733 mhz geeforce 3 on a pc.

And it will crash or go in 1 framerate.

While on xbox it looks good and plays in 30 frame rate,its all about optimizing.

About Bioshock,well systemshock 1&2 has a avg ratio of 91%.

These dev has some credibility so far,and their game was the most intresting to the press in e3,but apparently its not a game for you?

Now lets look at Alan wake,it was one of the most wanting next gen title,cause it seemd to fresh and awesome looking.

Now when its only for 360-vista,we start to hear complain about the game.

Im not suprised.

oh btw Max payne 1&2 has a avg ratio of 89% but once again tyhey suck to you?

So what kind of games do you really like?

Mgs4?
Heavnly sword?
I-8?

Does look good for you right?

Btw,Mass effect is coming when ps3 hit europe.

COunter attack baby!!
Emotep

RE: It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more - Oct 04, 2006 00:05
None of that changes the fact that " Console exclusives" aren' t real exclusives.

QuezcatoL

RE: It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more - Oct 04, 2006 00:07
Well,how about releasing Vista first?

Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more - Oct 04, 2006 00:08
You signed up to discuss the term exclusive??

Does it matter? As long as you are getting said " exclusive" games... I don' t
see why you' re bothered..

Why are you SO bothered by this? Is it a bet or something?
Vx Chemical

RE: It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more - Oct 04, 2006 00:21

Except having Xbox games on PC defeats the purpose of buying an Xbox, since owning a PC is practically required in Western society.

Also, Microsoft doesn' t make any money on PC Game sales. There is no licensing fee to develop games for the PC. The only money Microsoft makes on PC games are games developed by Microsoft Studios.

Console exclusives is nothing but a failed attempt in order to try to make the Xbox 360 look like it actually has more exclusives than it actually does. Again, you don' t see Sony or Nintendo claiming to have " console exclusives" . Just plain old fashioned " exclusives" .

Really? do you think MS developed DX just to make the devs happy, im pretty sure it costs some to develop with it! Also in the case they dont get any money for their logo' s. They do get an indirect amount of money for their operating systems which will be required to run the games, with the games for windows logo.

But as quez said, there is a difference in owning a gaming rig and just a normal PC. Most people are inclined to spend 3000$ or more on a PC to make it run games like Alan Wake.

Also, why would I want to play American made garbage like Bioshock, Splinter Cell and Alan Wake?

Really? Splinter Cell is canadian, Alan Wake made in finland. sure Bioshock is made in america, but have you even looked at the games?

If you don' t want to look at quality games simply because they are made outside of Japan or because they are on a console you dont like. It' s not worth reading anything else you have to say!
Nitro

RE: It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more - Oct 04, 2006 00:24

ORIGINAL: Emotep

None of that changes the fact that " Console exclusives" aren' t real exclusives.

Is it exclusive to a single console ???
QuezcatoL

RE: It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more - Oct 04, 2006 00:25

Really? Splinter Cell is canadian, Alan Wake made in finland. sure Bioshock is made in america, but have you even looked at the games?

If you don' t want to look at quality games simply because they are made outside of Japan or because they are on a console you dont like. It' s not worth reading anything else you have to say!

Good point.
Emotep

RE: It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more - Oct 04, 2006 00:31
Except DirectX isn' t the only tool developers can use to make games on the PC. There' s also OpenGL. Microsoft doesn' t receive anything for companies that make software for Windows.

Ubisoft Montreal hasn' t made a Splinter Cell game since the first one. Splinter Cell has been made by Ubisoft' s US studios for a while now. Ubi Montreal is working on Assassin' s Creed.

Remedy is Finnish, but the publisher is Microsoft Game Studios, an American company. Bioshock is EA, also American.

All garbage American action games that go boom boom. All flash and no substance. [:' (]

The only decent American made games I can think of are Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Sim City, Civilization, etc...
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more - Oct 04, 2006 00:31
I don' t know what to say. I don' t care about the meaning of the word " exclusive" or how it is used. All I know is that if I want to play the great games mentioned I' ll have to buy a 360. I will not be able to play them on a PS3 and that makes the 360 a pretty good choice of console in my eyes.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more - Oct 04, 2006 00:32

Microsoft doesn' t receive anything for companies that make software for Windows.

Yeah, but one of the many reasons people buy Windows is that you can play PC games with it. So in a way they make money from the games.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 3 Oct 06 16:33:56 >
Emotep

RE: It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more - Oct 04, 2006 00:33

I don' t know what to say. I don' t care about the meaning of the word " exclusive" or how it is used. All I know is that if I want to play the great games mentioned I' ll have to buy a 360. I will not be able to play them on a PS3 and that makes the 360 a pretty good choice of console in my eyes.

Nope, you can buy a PC. Hence, why they are not exclusive.
QuezcatoL

RE: It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more - Oct 04, 2006 00:39
Emo,Ubisoft Shanghai makes SC.DA. they also made chaos and pandora.

Vx Chemical

RE: It is funny how Microsoft invented the term " console exclusive" to give itself more - Oct 04, 2006 00:40

All garbage American action games that go boom boom. All flash and no substance.

The only decent American made games I can think of are Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Sim City, Civilization, etc...

So ohhh wise Emotep! Enlighten us as to why games like Warcraft III, Halflife 2, Halo, Dreamfall, KOTOR, Jade Empire, Splinter Cell are rubbish, tell us what a little person like yourself call a great game?

What is substance to you?
Change Page: 12345678 > | Showing page 1 of 8, messages 1 to 20 of 156

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread