Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Does Psp force you to upgrade?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Does Psp force you to upgrade? - Oct 02, 2006 01:09
I am thinking asbout getting a 1.5 white psp for all the nice homebrew and movies you can play on it but was thinking just say i want to play something like Locoroco or Mgs port ops, will the games force me to upgrade to a newer version?

If so thats sucks.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Does Psp force you to upgrade? - Oct 02, 2006 01:17

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

I am thinking asbout getting a 1.5 white psp for all the nice homebrew and movies you can play on it but was thinking just say i want to play something like Locoroco or Mgs port ops, will the games force me to upgrade to a newer version?

If so thats sucks.

Yes, most new releases force an upgrade to play the game. You can still use homwbrew and emulators by using eloader but that only currently supports up to 2.71 firmware and we' re now up to 2.81.

Note that if you hold off a littel longer, Sony are getting ready to launch an 8GB memory stick.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Does Psp force you to upgrade? - Oct 02, 2006 01:19
8Gb stick would cost a bomb. No thanks.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Does Psp force you to upgrade? - Oct 02, 2006 01:21

It' ll be cheaper than 4 2GB sticks though. I bought a 4GB HDD but it' s slow as hell to transfer data accross, i have a usb SD-Card reader so an 8GB stick will be far better for me.
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: Does Psp force you to upgrade? - Oct 02, 2006 02:32

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

It' ll be cheaper than 4 2GB sticks though. I bought a 4GB HDD but it' s slow as hell to transfer data accross, i have a usb SD-Card reader so an 8GB stick will be far better for me.

Sony is gonna release an 8gb SD-card if it' s cheap I' ll buy me one, the 4gb MAX version was so expensive like what around $200+. I guess Sony knows that consumer is in demand for a bigger space to hold all that media including their PSone retro games.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Does Psp force you to upgrade? - Oct 03, 2006 11:28
I thought it was stupid enough to require a memory unit for a handheld console in the first place, exspecially when it was twice as much as what i would pay for a handheld. I was gonna use it as a media player and play GTA:LCS but then i got to thinking, its $250 for the system plus extra memory sticks plus the few good games, i could get a video ipod for half as much. If the microsoft handheld comes with atleast a 30 gb hard drive and is less than 300 i' ll probally get it
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 3 Oct 06 3:30:14 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Does Psp force you to upgrade? - Oct 03, 2006 11:49
silentbomber listen up, if you want homebrews, movies, emulators (GBA rocks) , and some few good games to get by (i looove luminies) then go for a PSP.

sony force you to upgrade to play the latest release but you can get around that by instaling emulators for iso' s (illegal, safe, exremley easy to use and isntal). if you don' t want to download iso' s you can still buy your games and play them with the same manner as iso' s , pretty simple.

so far all games that are released work perfectly , but we' re a bit worried about the futur since there is no emulation for firmware 2.8, when games require that we won' t run them until the homerew comunity release an emulator for that firmware (which they will because they are in the right direction, so it' s just a matter of time )

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll