Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
US Halts 25% of Oil Production. Chaos at the Pumps. $5 Gas...if You Can Still Find It. - Sep 13, 2008 05:56
Link to the Refinery Closures

The first bit is pretty self explanatory. They're all locked down for the impending hurricane.

The second part was observation on my way home from work. I was headed home, around ten or so in the evening, and I noticed something a little weird. Almost none of the pumps had their lights on, even fewer had gas prices listed, and the ones that did had huge lines, and were exorbitantly priced.

Gasoline in my area jumped from around 3.50 to 5.00 USD in the course of one day. I seriously saw a couple of guys in the middle of what appeared to be a fight at the pumps, as the cops were pulling in as I went by... it was eerie, and apparently that wasn't just a local thing. I popped on the news when I got home, and they had footage of the lines at the pumps, and people fighting at stations all over southeast Michigan (and I'm assuming the US).

Anybody else in the states see any of this madness firsthand?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll