Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Banana Blitz: a dissappointment
A_Wiiner

• Total Posts : 23
Banana Blitz: a dissappointment - Feb 24, 2007 16:51
Who remembers Super Monkey 1 and 2? very simplistic and appear to be childish, yet very challenging not to mention a blast!! very fun!

Monkey ball for the Wii? awesome! (untill i bought it)

Some of the mini games ARE exceptional, however the remainder of them are incredibly dificult to control and slightly boring.

Main game? dont get too excited. It is considerably shorter, way too easy (except boss battles). The jumping ability opens up millions of possibilities for levels yet the diversity in the levels is very limited. This game seems to focus on mini games over the main game... but arent there enough mini game games for Wii already? Main game should have had more depth!

Am i alone in my disappointment for this game? please tell me what u think
< Message edited by A_Wiiner -- 24 Feb 07 8:51:52 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Banana Blitz: a dissappointment - Feb 24, 2007 17:45
I doubt anyone here cares about the game.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Banana Blitz: a dissappointment - Feb 24, 2007 19:07
I care. And I would have preferred it if it had traditional analog controls like the first 2 games on the Gamecube. Playing with the Wii Remote is just wrong (kind of like the new Sonic game). I am a Monkey Ball champion and I do not care for the jumping or boss battles. Neither belong in the Monkey Ball world. But I agree that the boss battles are ten billion times harder than the normal stages. And you have to beat the entire game without continuing just to get the last levels? Not even worth my time.

Nothing beats Super Monkey Ball 1.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 24 Feb 07 11:09:55 >
A_Wiiner

RE: Banana Blitz: a dissappointment - Feb 25, 2007 07:33
Agreed, i have beaten every possible stage on monkey ball 1 and 2 usig good ol fashioned analog and had more fun than i did with banana blitz. Wii remotes have a lot of capabilitites, but they dont alwaysneed to be 100% utilized, it can make or break a game.
Joe Redifer

RE: Banana Blitz: a dissappointment - Feb 25, 2007 08:54
In my highly qualified opinion games should be built around the Wii Remote' s capabilities. Existing games should not be made to be compatible with the Remote " just because" . I would not have complained had Monkey Ball used the analog stick on the Nunchuck and/or a Gamecube controller.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 25 Feb 07 0:54:37 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Banana Blitz: a dissappointment - Feb 25, 2007 08:59
In that case, I take back what I said.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Banana Blitz: a dissappointment - Feb 27, 2007 01:29
Is it just me or are the graphics on this game actually in a weird way sub-par to the original, those bannanas just don' t seem as captivating as they used to! But then again I didn' t own a game cube, just stole my borthers when I needed a monkey fix.
A_Wiiner

RE: Banana Blitz: a dissappointment - Mar 01, 2007 11:03

Is it just me or are the graphics on this game actually in a weird way sub-par to the original, those bannanas just don' t seem as captivating as they used to! But then again I didn' t own a game cube, just stole my borthers when I needed a monkey fix.

Yes, i did mention in the post about a new secret sega game coming out that it seems to have a deteriorating quality with its games, these new graphics make the game look extra childish, something that generated enough sceptisism in the GC francaise already, there really is nothing i like about banana blitz, some mini games are okay, but for the most part, its SEGA tampering with an already perfect formula, just like a girl can be ugly with too much make-up, adding too many " features" (jumping, boss battles) can make the game just a jumbled up pile of ideas.
I agree with Joe, that they should have use the analog stick, and save the wiimote capabilities for the overstock of miini games. just because you can dosent mean you should....

Agent Ghost :
In that case, I take back what I said.

Well you shouldnt have argued just to make me look dumb because we dissagree over the GCN ^_^
Joe Redifer

RE: Banana Blitz: a dissappointment - Mar 01, 2007 12:30
I like some of the music, but that' s the game' s high point for me. I went back and played some SMB 1 and 2 the other day and just about everything about those games is better. Even the bananas are from Dole.
A_Wiiner

RE: Banana Blitz: a dissappointment - Mar 05, 2007 06:19
yea, the music in BB is gay, 1 and 2 still take the cake

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages