Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GRAW2 for PS3 gets additional 14 MP maps...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
GRAW2 for PS3 gets additional 14 MP maps... - May 15, 2007 09:50

The Ghosts now on Playstation 3. Following the award winning 2005 Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (GRAW), Ubisoft brings the sequel GRAW2, with additional content, to the PS3.

You are the Soldier of the Future 2.0. All systems have been upgraded to give you more power and control on the battlefield. Following the failure of the “coup d’etat” in Mexico City Mexican rebels have gathered their remaining forces along the US border. Lead your team of elite Special Forces for the first time on US soil - straddling the border between Juarez, Mexico and El Paso, Texas. The Ghosts have less than 72 hours to stop a nuclear attack. You are the last line of defense and must do what it takes to be victorious.

Key Differences:

* SixAxis features : Controller features used for Mitchell & Cross-com control
* SP : Drive the supports (drone, M.U.LE) with the SixAxis functionality
* SP/MP : Change Mitchell stances with the SixAxis
* SP : change the Rules of Engagement with the SixAxis
* Consistency increased between SP & MP: Scope, Movement, Aiming…
* PS3 specifics adaptation of controls: Menus, Shoot button…
* 14 additional maps resulting in a total of 32 MP maps!!!

Multiplayer Additional Information

* 32 new adversarial multiplayer maps up to 16 players, an expanded arsenal of multinational weapons, character customisation options, new optimizing re-spawn system, new female operatives and hundreds of new game mode options are available.
* 2 new coop modes, “Evasion” and “Exfiltration”, to vary the game experience in multiplayer.
* 6 missions co-op campaign with a fully immersive experience and storyline. Featuring open-ended play that rewards teamwork as you play with up to sixteen players.

Now ignore the bolded stuff as none of it is new over the 360 version.

The SixAxis stuff sounds lame and i definitely wouldn' t recommend using it when playing on hard or in multiplayer, but meh, it' s nice they' ve added something/

The good thing for PS3 owners is that they get 14 new maps that 360 owners don' t have. I' m guessing they' re all new and not rehashes of old maps like the recent 360 DLC.

June 7th it' s out in Europe. I might pick it up to play with non-360 owners, however, BlimBlim says that they haven' t gotten AA + HDR working and so there' s quite a bit of aliasing.
< Message edited by NITRO -- 15 May 07 1:50:35 >
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: GRAW2 for PS3 gets additional 14 MP maps... - May 15, 2007 12:01
I' ve already own the 360 version, 14 new maps for the PS3 that' s no biggy(because of the high capacity storage on the blue-ray).
360 has achievement gamer score, which the Ps3 dosent it' ll just end up like Resistence:FOM Rank mode that carry all you' re status. PS3 will be able to play free online, unlike Xbox-LIVE service. I rather not buy a 2nd copy of GRAW2 because it was ported to another next-gen console, I' m happy with the 360 version, it' ll play and look the same, unless you haven' t played GRAW2 and you own a PS3. it' ll be tight if it had 40-player in solo/team play.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: GRAW2 for PS3 gets additional 14 MP maps... - May 17, 2007 00:52

it' ll play and look the same,

The good thing for PS3 owners is that they get 14 new maps that 360 owners don' t have. I' m guessing they' re all new and not rehashes of old maps like the recent 360 DLC.
Really? I don' t know why they wouldn' t include those to boost the total number of new maps. They can say they' ve got 14 new maps, and only have to create 8 or 9, however many wouldn' t be the GRAW " re-hash pack" .

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll