Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 09 Wont suck like 08
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
09 Wont suck like 08 - Dec 09, 2008 20:21
With 08 feeling disappointing compared to 07, I thought now would be a great time for an 09 Games thread. I'll update my list with things that I may have missed that interest me. Add your own, preferably with a breif description as to why youre excited.

CoD: Modern Warfare 2- 'Nuff said.
Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams- With Ken Levine moving on, lets hope that the 2K Marin(led by former 2K Boston devs) can do the sequel justice.
Half-Life 2: Episode 3- Valve is without a doubt, the dev with the best track record for quality. Also, finishing  the Episodes will hopefully free them up for HL3, or give them time to create even more addicting spin-offs like TF, CS, and Portal.
Rage & DOOM 4- This is make or break for id. Either they comeback in a big way, or they should sell-off the DOOM and Quake franchises to a competent developer.
Killzone 2- IMO, the first PS shooter that has any promise. Looks good, but GG doesnt have any real track record to judge the gameplay by except for Killzone 1 and a PSP Killzone.
Halo 3: ODST- A stand-alone expansion to Halo 3 centering on an ODST in an "open-world" setting where youre searching for the remains of your squad, or living members if they exist. You'll be playing flashbacks of desperate struggles of "normal" human ODST's as you find (remains, tags, something of that nature) while exploring an open environment looking for the items as the main character. Includes Halo 3 maps, actually has promise.
Mass Effect 2- Bioware is another dev with an amazing track record, and if Mass Effect 1 is any indication, this will "rox your sox". Unless youre a fag who didnt like the first one. You know who you are
Halo Wars- Built for consoles from the ground up, and in the capable hands of Ensemble, this could be the first truly great console RTS.
Splinter Cell: Conviction- Ubisoft was known last gen for near perfection in the action, stealth, and FPS genres. Then came this gen and games that were just good and not great came. Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell: Double Agent etc. Now, Ubi seems to be heading back in the right direction, with the Rainbow Six Vegas games being great tactical FPS's, PoP bringing artistic flair to a series that was slipping, and giving Conviction more time in the oven.
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena- With a brand new campaign, an upgraded version of the original and a MP mode with some original modes (Butcher Bay riot, Pitch Black) as well as standard DM, TDM, and CTF, this could come out of no-where to place StarBreeze back on the top of relatively small and new devs to show massive talent. OXM has an exclusive preview with Hands-on impressions in the new issue that seem pretty impressed.
God of War 3- Possibly the last great exclusive Sony has left, you can bet they'll be pumping recources into this game. And with good reason. I & II were 2 of the best action/adventure games of last gen.
Batman: Arkham Asylum- Whats this? A Batman game that might not suck? Its promising so far, with the dark, twisted themes found in the Dark Knight comics. With impressive UE 3 visuals, Batmans rougues gallery being in full force, promising early environments and gameplay mechanics, this could be the comic based game we've always wanted. And not being rushed out to coincide with a movie cant hurt.

Other games that arent my taste but others should watch for:

ABP
FFXIII
RE5
Ghost Busters
Uncharted 2
Street Fighter IV
StarCraft 2
Mad World
Heavy Rain
Brutal Legend
Aliens: CM
Bayonetta

So, what are you all looking forward to that I didnt list? Im sure I missed some, particularly in genres Im not a huge fan of.

EDITS
Dev mix up, fixed. -Thanks Eddie
List of big games that Im not interested in but others may be, added.
<message edited by immortaldanmx on Dec 10, 2008 03:28>

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message